1 - SexyBack (with 72 weeks( 2 - Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 - Player 4 - Player1 5 - Canada 6 - Hitch with Will Smith 7 - So Beautiful 8 - 1985 9 - Christina Aguilera, Pink, Mya and Lil' Kim 10 - Build Relationships, Education and Elightenment Dominate, produced by Prince.
No one from this forum responded to this, by John from EMI got 8 out of 10 right, so he is the winner this week.
Maybe next week you might respond, or were the questions too hard for you? Let me know, as I'll dumb them down a bit.
i said Friday but i might as well post them today...
1. A (Love Me Do was released in 1962) 2. B (Don't Hang Up is the only song by The Orlons to have its own Wikipeda Article) 3. A (It was a #1 hit in several countries) 4. A (one million to be certified platinum) 5. D (although November Rain does have alternative release dates) 6. C (My personal favorite song of hers) 7. B (Yep, he's 31, not 41) 8. D (of course) 9. B (Moonshine was #9 and certified gold in Australia) 10. B (Scotland, the best part of UK & Ireland)
Here's another quiz in case anyone's interested... Don’t google the answers – no cheating I’ll post the answers in a few days.
---------- ABOUT THE ARIA CHARTS
#1. How many singles spent at least eight weeks at #1 on the Aria singles chart during 2006?
A) One B) Two C) Three D) Four
#2. Pink had both the second-highest selling single and album of 2008. Which of these artists also ended up at #2 on both charts in the same year?
A) Hanson (1997) – MMMbop / Middle of Nowhere B) Aqua (1998) – Barbie Girl / Aquarium C) Shakira (2002) – Whenever, Wherever / Laundry Service D) Eminem (2003) – Lose Yourself / The Eminem Show
#3. “Songs About Jane” by Maroon 5 was the sixth-highest selling album of 2004 in Australia. In what year was it originally released?
A) 2001 B) 2002 C) 2003 D) 2004
#4. Pink’s “Funhouse” and Kings of Leon’s “Only By the Night” were locked in a sales battle near the end of 2008. When did Funhouse’s accumulated sales figures overtake those of Only By the Night?
A) In November 2008 B) In the second-last week of the 2008 charting year, but Only By the Night returned to #1 in the final week and became the year’s highest-selling album C) Early in the 2009 charting year, but Only By the Night regained the lead a few weeks later D) Never
#5. Which single by Sneaky Sound System had the highest peak chart position?
A) I Love It B) Pictures C) UFO D) Kansas City
---------- ABOUT MUSIC
#6. Officially, how many members does Nine Inch Nails have?
A) None B) One C) Four D) Eight E) Nine
#7. In 1993, the Gin Blossoms became popular on the strength of their single “Hey Jealousy”. But all was not well. What happened later that year?
A) The band broke up acrimoniously B) The band was sued for plagiarism C) Bassist Bill Leen died of leukaemia D) Ex-songwriter Doug Hopkins committed suicide
#8. What is the official name of the Panic at the Disco single?
A) Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off B) Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have (Without Taking Her Clothes Off) C) Lying Is The Most Fun (A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off) D) Lying (Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off)
#9. Which of these is NOT a Smashing Pumpkins single?
A) Zero B) Seventeen C) Thirty-Three D) 1979
#10. Which of these is NOT a parody by Weird Al Yankovic?
A) Eat It B) With or Without Food C) Fat D) Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
1 – C (SOS (8w), Hips Don’t Lie (9w), I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker (10w)) 2 – C (B is wrong, as Aqua had 1997’s #2 single and 1998’s #2 album) 3 – B (The original release of Songs About Jane was actually in 2002) 4 – D (The closest Funhouse came was during the final week of 2008) 5 – C (UFO peaked at #11 in 2007) 6 – B (Trent Reznor is the only official member) 7 – D (A tragic series of events. Doug Hopkins ended up shooting himself) 8 – A (There are no parentheses in the title) 9 – B (All others were from the album Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness) 10 – B (The others parodied Beat It, Bad, and Pretty Fly (for a White Guy))
11. What accreditation had Guy Sebastian’s “Angels Brought Me Here” achieved at the end of just one week of release?
A) Platinum x2 B) Platinum x3 C) Platinum x4 D) Platinum x5
12. These singles either contradicted or lived up to their titles by suffering a major drop on the Aria chart. Which one dropped from the top 20 straight out of the top 50 the following week?
A) Freestylers – Push Up B) The Butterfly Effect – A Slow Descent C) Eminem – Without Me D) The Cat Empire – No Longer There
13. How many weeks did “Let Me Love You” by Mario spend at #4 on the singles chart in 2005?
A) Eight B) Nine C) Ten D) Eleven
14. “Just Dance” by Lady GaGa spent at least a week at each position in the top ten, except for which two?
A) #4 and #7 B) #6 and #9 C) #7 and #10 D) #9 and #10
15. Add the peak position of each single to the number of weeks it charted in the top 50. Which of these has the highest sum?
A) The Saddle Club – Hello World B) Lenny Kravitz – Again C) Ben Lee – Catch My Disease D) Incubus – Drive
---------- ABOUT THE ARIA END-OF-YEAR SINGLES CHARTS
16. Despite spending three weeks at #1, the single “Rise Up” by the Australian Idol Final 12 could only manage what end-of-year placing in 2003?
A) #63 B) #72 C) #81 D) It missed the top 100
17. How many #1 singles were present in the end-of-year top 10 of 1999?
A) Five B) Six C) Nine D) Ten
18. Despite spending eight weeks at #1, the single “SOS” by Rihanna could only manage what end-of-year position in 2006?
A) #11 B) #12 C) #13 D) #14
19. The end-of-year top 10 singles of 1993 spent a combined total of how many weeks at #1 (including weeks spent by those singles at #1 in 1992 and 1994)?
A) 44 B) 47 C) 50 D) 53
20. How many artists each had two singles in consecutive positions on the end-of-year top 100 singles chart of 1998?
A) Three B) Four C) Five D) Six
---------- ABOUT SONGS
21. How many instances of “gear-shift” (a type of key change) are there in Terry Jacks’ version of “Seasons in the Sun”?
A) One B) Two C) Three D) Four
22. Which of these is the correct lyric for “Shimmer” by Fuel?
A) She says that love is for fools that fall behind B) She says that love is for fools that fall and hide C) She says that love is for fools that fall in line D) She says that love is for fools that fold inside
23. “Emancipate Myself” by Thirsty Merc is unusually verbose for a rock song. What is the approximate word count of the lyrics?
A) 350 B) 450 C) 550 D) 650
24. Even in the uncensored version of “Like Toy Soldiers” by Eminem, there is a word that is replaced with silence. Which of these is it?
A) Biggie B) Supreme C) Nas D) Suge
25. Which record company is mentioned last in the song “Download This Song” by MC Lars?
A) Universal B) Warner C) Sony BMG D) EMI
---------- ABOUT MUSIC IN GENERAL
26. In which of these TV series has the song “At Seventeen” by Janis Ian been featured?
A) The OC B) Arrested Development C) The Simpsons D) Dexter
27. Which of the following did Creed singer Scott Stapp NOT do during the infamous shambolic Creed concert in Chicago in 2002?
A) He repeatedly sang the lyrics to the wrong songs B) He flailed around on the floor C) He repeatedly walked off stage for no apparent reason D) He incoherently mumbled passages from the Bible
28. In which of these TV series has the song “How to Save a Life” by the Fray NOT been featured?
A) Scrubs B) House C) Ghost Whisperer D) One Tree Hill
29. Brian McKnight holds which Grammy record?
A) Most nominations without winning (at one ceremony) B) Most nominations without winning (throughout career) C) Most nominations with a 100% win rate (at one ceremony) D) Most nominations with a 100% win rate (throughout career)
30. Which of the following celebrities is NOT featured in the video for “Rockstar” by Nickelback?
A) Paul Wall B) John Rich C) Taryn Manning D) Mike Jones
Point taken Lifter, I probably made that last quiz too obscure so I'll post a better one sometime. Anyway, Hijinx scored 10/20.
11 – B (Angels Brought Me Here went <P>3 in wk 1, and <P>4 in wk 2) 12 – D (No Longer There fell from #12 straight out of the top 50) 13 – A (Let Me Love You spent 1 week at #3 and 8 weeks at #4) 14 – A (Just Dance charted at #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, #8, #9 and #10) 15 – D (Drive peaked at #34, 23w in the top 50 – so the sum is 57)
16 – A (Rise Up spent 3 weeks at #1, but was only #63 of 2003) 17 – B (Only 9 singles made it to #1 in 1999. 6 made the EOY top 10) 18 – C (SOS spent 8 weeks at #1, but was only #13 of 2008) 19 – B (A record for the Aria era, 1993’s EOY top 10 spent 47 weeks at #1) 20 – B (Shania Twain – You’re Still the One #9, From This Moment On #10; ............Aqua – Lollipop #19, Doctor Jones #20; ............Backstreet Boys – All I Have to Give #32, I’ll Never Break... #33; ............Smash Mouth – Can’t Get Enough... #94, Walkin’ on the Sun #95)
21 – C (1 gear-shift after the second chorus and 2 during the third) 22 – A (“She says that love is for fools that fall behind”) 23 – D (Emancipate Myself has around 650 words) 25 – D (Referring to Suge Knight) 30 – A (Universal is mentioned last in “Download This Song”)
26 – C (At Seventeen featured in El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer) 27 – D (Scott Stapp didn’t mumble passages from the Bible) 28 – B (House has never featured “How to Save a Life”) 29 – B (Brian McKnight has been nominated for 16 Grammys, winning 0) 30 – D (Mike Jones was not featured in “Rockstar”) Last edited:
jeez. these weekly quizzes don't seem to be the buzz that bulion thought they might be.
1. B (It was released in Australia and New Zealand before anywhere else in the world) 2. A (Sounds Of The Universe is expected in late April this year) 3. D (Wrath is the latest Lamb Of God album) 4. C (Spandau Ballet were leading New Romantic superstars in the 1980s) 5. A (Error made..number one NOT number oen)
Okay here we go. The first five questions refer to the Best of all time charts on this site.
1. Which album on the top 100 list has spent the fewest weeks in the charts? A) Kings of Leon - Only by the Night B) The Offspring - Americana C) The Presets - Apocalypso D) The Cranberries - No Need to Argue
2. If a song debuts at number one, and falls one place every week, spending 50 weeks in the top 50, how would it fare on the top 100 list? A) 1st B) 9th C) 78th D) Not on the Chart
3. If an album debuts at number one, and falls one place every week, spending 50 weeks in the top 50, how would it fare on the top 100 list? A) 1st B) 9th C) 78th D) Not on the Chart
4. What is the most recent song to make the top 100 singles list? A) Use Somebody B) Hot N Cold C) Poker Face D) Shake It
5. Several artists have two singles on the list, whose second single is the highest? A) Lady GaGa B) Fallout Boy C) Kings of Leon D) Savage Garden
6. All four of Coldplay's albums have been massively successful on the charts, but which two have the lowest accreditation? A) A Rush of Blood to the head & Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends B) Parachutes & X&Y C) A Rush of Blood to the Head & X&Y D) Parachutes & Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends
7. Which of these Metallica songs reached a higher peak? A) The Unforgiven B) The Unforgiven II C) The Unforgiven III D) The Unforgiven IV
8. How long did it take 'Walking on a Dream to make the top 10? A) 15th Week B) 19th Week C) 23rd Week D) 27th Week
9. So far, how many songs have reached number one, solely on downloads? A) 1 B) 2 C) 3 D) 4
10. How many weeks did the Sound of Music soundtrack spend at number one during the 60's? A) 15 weeks B) 41 weeks C) 76 weeks D) 142 weeks
Answers 1. B Kol could beat this in the coming months 2. B That would be an interesting run 3. D It would be somewhere in the 200's 4. A Hard to define, as Poker Face and Use Somebody entered the ARIA Charts in the same week, but Use Somebody was the most recent to make the list 5. A Poker Face could make the top 10 if it keeps a stable charting run 6. D Oddly enough, their lowest accreditation is 3xPlatinum 7. B The Unforgiven IV isn't even a song! 8. C Hard to believe that it was almost half a year 9. C Don't Stop the Music, I Kissed a Girl, and recently Right Round 10. C Now that it a long time!
1. 15, 'I Don't Care' 2. Interscope Records 3. Hmmm.. Alesha, Su Elise and Sabrina. I'm not sure which was the lead. I know Alesha did the 'rap' component 4. 17 5. 2003 6. Just A Girl was their first hit, but I think Trapped In a Box may have been released first... 7. David Cook 8. Shawn Colvin (I love that song) 9. Once ?? 10. Fallen
1. C (The Spaghetti Incident? was released in 1993) 2. A (The grammy award-winning Stone Temple Pilots) 3. A (Scribe is a hip-hop/rap superstar) 4. D (97 million, a record for the show) 5. B (The first guitar hero version based on a single band) 6. A (Shockingly, it only got two stars out of five) 7. B (At the start of the year) 8. A (Jordin Sparks is an American Idol winner)
Australian Music Quiz. How much do you really know about Australian music?
1. Who was the original bass guitarist of "Midnight Oil", originally known as "Farm"? A: Andrew James B: Jim Moginie C: Peter Gifford D: Bones Hillman
2. How did the re-release of"To The Moon And Back" by Savage Garden chart in the UK and US? A: #3 UK, #24 US B: #6 UK, #28 US C: #8 UK, #31 US D: #12 UK, #35 US
3. In 2006, Back In Black by AC/DC was certified by the Recording Industry Association of America as the fifth best-selling album in the United States, with about how many copies sold? A: 19 million B: 22 million C: 26 million D: 29 million
4. Which of these eighties hits did The Living End cover, placing them at #17 on the Triple J Hottest 100 in 1998? A: I Got You B: MMM MMM MMM MMM C: Tainted Love D: Beds Are Burning
5. What was the highest charting Men At Work song on the US Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks Chart? A: Down Under B: It's A Mistake C: Everything I Need D: Overkill
6. How many members were in the original BeeGees lineup? A: Three B: Four C: Five D: Six
7. How did the Australian No.1 hit "Friday On My Mind" by The Easybeats perform in the UK & US charts? A: #1 UK, #7 US B: #4 UK, #12 US C: #6 UK, #16 US D: didn't chart in the UK, #1 US
8. What was the first top 5 hit that The Veronicas had in the ARIA Singles Chart? A: Untouched B: Hook Me Up C: Leave Me Alone D: 4ever
9. What was the name of the 1980 debut album by Australian Crawl? A: The Boys Light Up B: The Boys Line Up C: The Boys Right Up D: The Boys High Up
10. A #2 hit in the UK, I Believe In You by Kylie Minogue originally featured on which album? A: Ultimate Kylie B: Fever C: Body Language D: Light Years
1. A (The tricky thing is that they were called 'Farm' originally) 2. A (It did better in the United States first time 'round) 3. B (At the time, 22 million) 4. C (I'm surprised Hijinx found that out) 5. D (Surprisingly, Overkill) 6. C (Not obvious is it?) 7. C (Australians love this song) 8. D (Nobody got this wrong) 9. A (When I was younger I really did think it was 'line up') 10.A (Finish with a tough one)
ouch, but you both get a wink and a kiss for trying (especially you Lifter lol)
This time, I'm going to try something a little different. I will put up five different statements about music since the 1960s. Three of the statements are TRUE, while the other two are FALSE. The objective is to correclty guess which statements are facts and which statements are pure fiction.
A: In 1978, a popular female group of the 1960s called The Surpremes organised a disco concert called "Female Beat Down" in Detroit Michigan. The idea was to promote female music amongst mainstream audiences. The Orlons performed their biggest hit "Don't Hang Up" and the night was a massive triumph. Over 20,000 tickets were sold.
B: In 1966 a band named The 13th Floor Elevators released a song called "You're Gonna Miss Me", it was a hit in the Billboard Charts reaching #55. The band's 1966 studio album was originally released under the International Artists record label and the album is notable for the frequent use of an electric jug in the recordings.
C: In the mid-1980s an American band named Miami Sound Machine had a top ten hit in the UK with the song "Dr Beat". In 2005, a Scottish musician known by the name Mylo released "Doctor Pressure" which mashed up the hit by Miami Sound Machine with a song of his own "Drop The Pressure". It became a #1 dance hit all over Europe and reached a higher peak than the original "Dr. Beat" in the UK Singles Chart.
D: "Bohemian Rhapsody" today is considered one of the greatest songs of all time. But it didn't always get praise by critics. In 1974, when Freddie Mercury was writing the song, a then-friend of Freddie Mercury and professional music critic, Ryan Winter told him "These lyrics are insane. You'll never make a pound out of that". When the song achieved mainstream popularity in 1976, Ryan Winter never spoke to Freddie Mercury ever again.
E: Regarding AC/DC's name, Malcolm and Angus Young developed the idea for the band's name after seeing AC/DC on the back of a sewing machine owned by their older sister. Depsite usually being pronounced one letter at a time, many Australians later began to refer to them as "Acca Dacca".
1. Both Lady Gaga and Savage Garden have had a Single go #1 on ARIA for 2 weeks then had their next Single go #1 for 8 Weeks.
2. How many weeks did TV Rocks Flaunt It spend inside The ARIA Top 3. A. 8 B. 11 C. 14 D. 17
Final 2 Questions.
3. What was the Single released in the past year that spent over 40 weeks in the ARIA Top 50 but did not make The Top 100 on The Best Of All Time on this site.
4. What was the 2nd Single to go #1 on ARIA only on Downloads.
Whew that was tough. Sorry Fliptop this will be the only quiz I ever make because even thinking of these 4 Questions was tough. Don't have enough past music knowledge to continue making quiz's. Last edited:
G'day to everyone. I've become a member. It's been a while since I last posted here but I thought I would come back with a quiz. I've become VERY interested with the 80s lately and thought I'd see if anyone wanted to try an 80s lyrics quiz.
Try and guess which 80s songs these intros are from. And please, no looking up the answers.
1. Dum, dum, dum, honey what have you done? Dum, dum, dum it's the sound of my gun. Dum, dum, dum, honey what have you done? Dum, dum, dum it's the sound
2. Traveling in a fried-out combie On a hippie trail, head full of zombie I met a strange lady, she made me nervous She took me in and gave me breakfast And she said,
3. Boom boom acka-lacka lacka boom Boom boom acka-lacka boom boom It was a night like this forty million years ago I lit a cigarette, picked up a monkey skull to go
4. If there's something strange in your neighborhood Who ya gonna call?
5. They told him don't you ever come around here Don't wanna see your face, you better disappear The fire's in their eyes and their words are really clear
6. We can dance if we want to We can leave your friends behind 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance Well they're no friends of mine I say, we can go where we want to A place where they will never find And we can act like we come from out of this world Leave the real one far behind
7. I come home in the morning light My mother says when you gonna live your life right Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones
8. Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming around Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
9. Talking away I don't know what I'm to say I'll say it anyway today's another day to find you Shying away I'll be coming for you love O.K.
10. Step inside, walk this way You and me babe, Hey, hey!
Even if you don't know, guess! You might know more than you think...
1) Janie's Got A Gun - AEROSMITH 2) Down Under - MEN AT WORK 3) Walk The Dinosaur - WAS-NOT-WAS? 4) Ghostbusters - RAY PARKER Jnr 5) Beat It - MICHAEL JACKSON 6) Safety Dance - MEN WITHOUT HATS 7) Girls Just Want To Have Fun - CYNDI LAUPER 8) Total Eclipse Of The Heart - BONNIE TYLER 9) Take On Me - A-HA 10) Pour Some Sugar On Me - DEF LEPPARD
1) Duran Duran - Ordinary World 2) Temple Of The Dog - Say Hello To Heaven (Awesome ) 3) Nirvana - Lithium 4) Pearl Jam - Better Man 5) Chumbawamba - Tubthumping (Tricky one ) 6) Michael Jackson - Black Or White 7) Babylon Zoo - Spaceman 8) Guns'N'Roses - November Rain 9) Soundgarden - Spoonman 10) Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract 11) Spice Girls - Stop (Sad I Know ) 12) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge 13) The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) 14) Metalllica - Enter Sandman 15) Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite
5. Forever Young - Youth Group 6. Stole - Kelly Rowland 9. Poker Face - Lady Gaga 12. The Way I Are - Timbaland and Keri Hilson 13. Confidence (For You I Will) - Teddy Geiger 14. Everytime - Britney 17. Just Like A Pill - P!nk 18. Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders 19. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus 20. The Scientist - Coldplay
1. ? 2. Augie March- One Crowded Hour 3. Lifehouse- You And Me 4. The Killers- Read My Mind 5. Youth Group- Forever Young 6. Kelly Rowland- Stole 7. Robbie Williams- Sexed Up 8. Rob Mills- Overrated 9. Lady GaGa- Poker Face 10. Delta Goodrem- Not Me, Not I 11. The Fray- Over My Head (Cable Car) 12. Timbaland- The Way I Are 13. Teddy Geiger- For You I Will 14. Britney Spears- Everytime 15. ? 16. Faker- This Heart Attack 17. Pink- Just Like A Pill 18. Rogue Traders- Voodoo Child 19. Wheatus- Teenage Dirtbag 20. Coldplay- The Scientist
Results: Hijinx 6/20 (Everything you guessed is right) Lifter 3/20 (Everything you guessed is right, I knew you'd get those ones.) CoolRusty 10/20 (Everything you guessed is right) Nateboi: 1/20 (You had Delta right, but #7 was actually Robbie Williams, and #11 was The Fray, but one of their other songs) Roydges 1/20 (The only person to get Emmanuel Carella) Ben01 18/20 (Everything you guessed is right, only missing Emmanuel Carella and number one. The only one to get Lifehouse, The Killers, Robbie Williams, Rob Mills and The Fray)
So all in all, 19 out of the 20 were guessed and I thought if any were to not be guessed it would be #1. It may have been a tad unfair to put it in, as it never got an Australian release (though I have heard it on Aussie radio so I thought it fair game) but I did want some more challenging ones.
The answers: 1. Anna Nalick - Breathe (2AM) 2. Augie March- One Crowded Hour 3. Lifehouse- You And Me 4. The Killers- Read My Mind 5. Youth Group- Forever Young 6. Kelly Rowland- Stole 7. Robbie Williams- Sexed Up 8. Rob Mills- Overrated 9. Lady GaGa- Poker Face 10. Delta Goodrem- Not Me, Not I 11. The Fray- Over My Head (Cable Car) 12. Timbaland feat Keri Hilson- The Way I Are 13. Teddy Geiger- For You I Will 14. Britney Spears- Everytime 15. Emmanuel Carella - Don't Say A Word 16. Faker- This Heart Attack 17. Pink- Just Like A Pill 18. Rogue Traders- Voodoo Child 19. Wheatus- Teenage Dirtbag 20. Coldplay- The Scientist
1. Beds Are Burning 2. Yellow 3. Every You Every Me 4. - 5. - 6. How Soon Is Now 7. Breathe 8. - 9. Song 2 10. Bullet With Butterfly Wings 11. Don't Dream It's Over 12. Hey Jude 13. Tomorrow 14. My Happiness 15. Seven Nation Army 16. Karma Police 17. Wonderwall 18. - 19. Bohemian Rhapsody 20. -
Some of them I can guess based on the songs that slot into those positions, but since I otherwise would not have known them I will not enter them.
1. Midnight Oil- Beds Are Burning 2. Coldplay- Yellow 3. ? 4. Rolling Stones- Paint It Black 5. ? 6. Smiths- How Soon Is Now 7. Prodigy- Breathe 8. Underworld- Born Slippy 9. Blur- Song 2 10. ? 11. Crowded House- Dont Dream Its Over 12. The Beatles- Hey Jude 13. Silverchair- Tomorrow 14. Powderfinger- My Happiness 15. White Stripes- 7 Nation Army 16. Radiohead- Karma Police 17. Oasis- Wonderwall 18. ? i know ive heard it though! 19. Queen Bohemian Rhapsody 20. Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit
1. Beds Are Burning 2. Yellow 3. Every You Every Me 4. 5. Heart's A Mess 6. How Soon Is Now 7. Breathe 8. Born Slippy 9. Song 2's 10. Bullet With Butterfly Wings 11. Don't Dream Its Over 12. Hey Jude 13. Tomorrow 14. My Happiness 15. 7 Nation Army 16. Karma Police 17. Wonderwall 18. Everlong 19. Bohemian Rhapsody 20. Smells Like Teen Spirit
1) LADY GAGA - Paparazzi 2) SHORT STACK - Shimmy A Go-Go 3) FASTBALL - The Way 4) THE VERVE PIPE - Freshmen 5) MELANIE C feat LISA "LEFT EYE" LOPEZ - Never Be The Same Again 6) MAX SHARAM - Coma 7) LISA LOEB feat 9 STORIES - Stay (I Missed You) 8) LINDSAY LOHAN - Confessions Of A Broken Heart (Daughter To Father) 9) THE KILLERS - When You Were Young 10) KASEY CHAMBERS - Nothing At All 11) NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS with KYLIE MINOGUE - Where The Wild Roses Grow 12) QUEEN - We Are The Champions 13) ROB THOMAS - Lonely No More 14) GOOD CHARLOTTE - Dancefloor Anthem 15) DIRE STRAITS - Romeo & Juliet 16) HILARY DUFF - So Yesterday 17) KID COURAGEOUS - Life's A Movie 18) 19) KENNY ROGERS - The Gambler 20) JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE - What Goes Around...Comes Around
19/20 for Beanster. I'll roll over the missed one to the next quiz since it fits that theme, and give more lyrics. This time it's all Australian artists, and all of these singles reached the ARIA top 50.
1. Why was it you, I don't understand And nothing shows me why Maybe someday, I'll see you again And tell you how much I've missed you
2. I don't know which way to point my kiss Well it's a lot too clever it's all too severe
3. I know it's been a long long time That I haven't made you smile
4. For always I'll see you there For always I'll hold your hand
5. But I really don't want to All the trouble I've gone to
6. I feel it, it's coming It's here if you want it
7. I didn't wanna stop believing I wanna be your lover not your keeper
8. Echoes in the heart when we meet I chose to take this moment to tell you I'm leaving
9. I write down my number And I draw a little star
10. I see the shame in you But I'm still waiting here for you
11. I get stuck in the middle Of my own private Groundhog Day
12. All that's left behind are the memories Of all the nights you made her cry
13. Wish I could forget your name, your face Your smile, your sweet embrace
14. Dreaming of a blue horizon Meet me where the sun is shining
15. Though there were others You never left me at all
16. Everytime I'm lying in your arms I try to ignore you but I can't
17. Care enough to want to prove That the pretty ones have got less to lose
18. I found the letter you left lying there I threw it away
19. Even if you don't feel the way I do Even if you can't feel the way I could
20. Now you say you can't decide Which way to run or where to hide
1. Miley Cyrus - See You Again (Probally wrong because it's Australian arists) 18. Hoostabank Feat Vanessa Amorosi - The Letter 20. Linkin Park - New Divide. (Probally wrong because it's Australian arists)
Thats I could do and I was only guessing. Last edited:
There are some hard ones here. 11 - Zinc - Morning After 13 - Tamara Jaber - Hard For Me 18 - Hoobastank - The Letter 19 - Lisa Loeb - I Do So many on the tip of my tongue ahhhhh. Especially number 10. Last edited:
So far guessed correctly are: 1. ? 2. End of Fashion - The Game (Hijinx) 3. ? 4. ? 5. ? 6. Killing Heidi - I Am (Hijinx) 7. ? 8. ? 9. ? 10. ? 11. Zinc - Morning After (mono36) 12. ? 13. Tamara Jaber - Hard For Me (mono36) 14. Bardot - Love Will Find A Way (mono36) 15. ? 16. ? 17. ? 18. ? 19. ? 20. ? Last edited:
Fifteen left from my last quiz that nobody got. I'll post again, and add more lyrics to each one. Remember, they're all Australian artists and all of these songs peaked in the ARIA top 50.
1. Why was it you, I don't understand And nothing shows me why Maybe someday, I'll see you again And tell you how much I've missed you Things happen and no-one knows why If I'd erase this moment in time
2. I know it's been a long long time That I haven't made you smile But I'm still here to please you Do you feel the same
3. For always I'll see you there For always I'll hold your hand For always be your man Be your man, be your man
4. But I really don't want to All the trouble I've gone to But you make it so easy And it's driving me crazy
5. I didn't wanna stop believing I wanna be your lover not your keeper But I, I really loved you so But you can't step, see it fades to black
6. Echoes in the heart when we meet I chose to take this moment to tell you I'm leaving Oh, I believe in something more I watched her heart through bathroom doors
7. I write down my number And I draw a little star So let's run away tonight Into the rain outside
8. I see the shame in you But I'm still waiting here for you No reason I'm breathing I'm living for your sake
9. All that's left behind are the memories Of all the nights you made her cry Well, so many times you should have Apologised but tell me
10. Though there were others You never left me at all Love paved our way With initialled sidewalk streets
11. Everytime I'm lying in your arms I try to ignore you but I can't I'm not alone but I am lonely I'm insatiable and I can't get enough
12. From magazines for teens That relly care Care enough to want to prove That the pretty ones have got less to lose
13. I found the letter you left lying there I threw it away What do you take me for Some kind of stupid fool
14. Even if you don't feel the way I do Even if you can't feel the way I could Even just for tonight Tell me this lie
15. Now you say you can't decide Which way to run or where to hide You're so wrong I can't believe this is going on Last edited:
I know quite a few more of them, and they're on the tip of my tongue, but I can't qute access them. Especially #4 and #6. So far I've got:
5. David Franj - Never Be Amazing 10. Josh Abrahams/Amiel Daemion (or Puretone) - Addicted To Bass 11. Jackson Mendoza - Venus Or Mars 12. Ooh Ahh - Tamara (Just assuming based on the nonsensical lyrics )
I forgot to give the answer to my last quiz. Here they are:
1. Kate Alexa - Always There 2. Emmanuel Carella - Run To Me 4. The Mavis's - Cry 5. Paulmac feat Peta Morris - The Sound Of Breaking Up 6. Eskimo Joe - Older Than You 7. David Franj - God Only Knows 9. David Campbell - When She's Gone 10. Waikiki - Here Comes September 12. Lo-Tel - Teenager Of The Year 13. Marie Wilson - Next Time 14. Invertigo - Say You Do 15. Taxiride - Afterglow
1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 2. The Martian Walk by DSC (1999) *don't know just a guess* 3. Shell Shock, If You Leave, Bring On The Dancing Horses *another guess, I'm sure Shell Shock charted though* 4. Dangerous Minds 5. Bulworth? *And it's actually called Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)* 6. -- 7. I don't know but I'll guess six 8. I think it was released in 1969, but I'll say it charted in Australia in 1970. 9. I can name one: Turtle Power 10. --
These are researched: 1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen 2. ?? 3. New Order - Shell Shock, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - If You Leave, Psychedelic Furs - Pretty in Pink 4. Dangerous Minds 5. Bulworth 6. ?? 7. Eleven 8. I'll say 1969-1970 (it was released in 1969). 9. Partners in Kryme - Turtle Power, MC Hammer - This is what we do 10. ??
My answers off the top of my head: 1. Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen 2. Monster Mash? no idea 3. no idea 4. Dangerous Minds 5. Bulworth 6. Queer Eye For The Straight Guy 7. 11 8. no idea 9. Turtle Power, Spin That Wheel 10. De-Lovely
1) Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen 2) 3) Nick Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good, OMD - If You Leave, New Order - Shell Shock 4) Dangerous Minds 5) Bullworth 6) Queer Eye For The Straight Guy 7) 10 have been realesed the 11th is due out on the 25/12/09 8) 1969 9) Hi-Tek 3 - Spin That Wheel, Partners in Kryme - Turtle Power 10) De-Lovely (2004)
3. Chumbawamba 4. Robyn? (Edit: I just remembered that Rihanna's first name is Robyn, maybe it is her? Have no idea of her surname though.) 5. Breathe and Firestarter? 9. Pussycat Dolls 10. Last Kiss Last edited:
* What are the missing words for three songs that were Top 50 hits in the 1980's or 1990's with the title: Just Another _____ ? (3 pts) * What did each song peak at in Oz? (3 pts) (clue: answers are consecutive numbers) * Write down the missing words. Take just the letters that appear twice in all the missing words to provide a clue as to the artist which had more than one hit around the time 'The Bodyguard' was doing big things. Who was the artist? (4pts)
I was bored and wanted to try something different. Without cheating, how many songs can you remember from the top 50 of the Best of All Time page given year and artist. Give it a shot here http://www.sporcle.com/games/Dircashede/austopalltimeharder It might be really easy but I'm curious as to what people think.
I completed it in 3:48. I found it very easy, as I often look at the best of all time list, however even if I hadn't I would have found it very easy. Having the artist as well as the year made it very easy.
Lol, I got 77, but somehow I missed Metro Station - Shake It! That was a much tougher challenge, after the first 2 minutes, I only had about 5 songs, my mind was blank, but gradually one song reminded me of the next and so on. Not having the artist made it tougher, with artists, we'd probably all be getting 100. It took me about eight minutes to remember Katy Perry, and I just couldn't place who was #6 for SO long.
In Best of All Time - how I forgot Black Fingernails Red Wine, Truly Madly Deeply and Last Kiss I really don't know... My score was 38/50, I gave up after 4 minutes something... I did not cheat! If I had I would've done better lol
Got 70/100 in 2008 Top 100, and gave up with 4:19 remaining.. Would have done better with artists, of course.
My conclusion is I need to follow the Aria Charts more. Last edited:
Here's something closer to now. The 2009 List http://www.sporcle.com/games/Dircashede/2009songs_aus This should be easier First Attempt: 72/100 Second Attempt: 80/100 Third Attempt: 93/100 Fourth Attempt: 98/100 Seventh Attempt: 99/100 Fifteenth Attempt: 100/100 Last edited:
I Did the 09 and got 50/100, 8 better then last time. I thought I had all of Gagas Singles but I forgot about Lovegame. It's these type of quizzes that are a good way to tell how forgettable some Music is. Last edited:
I just took the quiz twice. The first time it was so frustrating, because I could see lower songs that I knew, but I was stuck on Britney at #21 (won't say for others what it is.) I took it again after that, having realised that you could skip ahead, which would have made my score a bit better the first time.
Did better than me there, I only got 16/40. I have to commend you on this 392414, most first time quiz makers make loads of mistakes and don't consider multiple answers enough but you've managed to do it right so well done to you. One small thing, you can put a link to your source, it's on the right column in the main editing page. Last edited:
lol, sorry guys. I was 13 then and really knowing my charts at that time, much better than I know charts today. I'm sure if I did a quiz of charts when I was 2 (1975) I'd struggle to get even 5/50. Guess it is a tough quiz although some people around my age may go well.
Here's a lyrics quiz. All the songs used have made the World Year End Top 40 in any year of the noughties. I'll definitely create more if people are actually interested...
PART 1 - Multiple Choice
********** I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck With a pink carnation and a pickup truck But I knew that I was out of luck The day the music died a) American Life - Madonna b) American Pie - Madonna c) American Boy - Estelle d) What It Feels Like for a Girl - Madonna
********** So like every single night they pick a fight with me But when we fight it's kinda like sibling rivalry Cuz they're back on stage the next night with me Dude I just think you're tryna steal the light from me a) The Real Slim Shady - Eminem b) Without Me - Eminem c) My Band - D12 d) How Come - D12
********** I ain't tripping I'm just missing you You know what I'm saying You know what I mean a) Stuck - Stacie Orrico b) I'm With You - Avril Lavigne c) Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne d) Can't Hold Us Down - Christina Aguilera feat. Lil' Kim
PART 2 - Name the Song and Artist
********** Now it's like murder she wrote Once I get you out them clothes Privacy is on the door Still they can hear you screamin more
********** Ooh dat dress so scandalous And ya know another nigga couldn't handle it See ya shakin that thang like who's da ish With a look in ya eye so devilish
********** Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder Where it's so white ass snow Privately divided by a world so undecided And there's nowhere to go
PART 3 - Which is the correct line?
********** Just Dance - Lady GaGa a) Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, work it, hustle. b) Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, work and hustle. c) Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, workin' your soul. d) Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, workin' hustle.
********** Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas a) I navigate myself, myself, to take me where you be b) I never get myself, myself, to take me where you be c) I navigate myself, myself, I'll take me where you be d) I navigate myself, myself, to take me where you'll be
********** SexyBack - Justin Timberlake a) I'm bringing sexyback, them other fuckers don't know how to act b) I'm bringing sexyback, them mother fuckers don't know how to act c) I'm bringing sexyback, them other suckers don't know how to act d) I'm bringing sexyback, them mother fuckers won't know how to act
Good luck, everyone! If this quiz is popular, I will do more!
Part 1 1b - American Pie 2c - My Band 3a - Stuck Part 2 1 - Ignition - R. Kelly 2 - Thong Song - Sisqo 3 - Snow (Hey-Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers Part 3 1a) Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, work it, hustle. 2a) I navigate myself, myself, to take me where you be 3a) I'm bringing sexyback, them other fuckers don't know how to act
It came to my attention that over the last few weeks, we managed to fill in all the letters of the alphabet since the start of 2009 on the album chart. Naturally, I made a quiz about it. Can you name the A-Z highest charting artists on the album chart since Jan 2009? http://www.sporcle.com/games/Dircashede/artistbyletteralbums Important to note that artists who go by their proper name are listed by their surname (ie Stan Walker goes under W). If it's too hard here are some hints 1. 3 letters can be found in the current top ten album chart 2. 1.25 letters can be found in the current top ten singles chart 3. 4 letters can be found from artists who hit number one on the singles chart since the start of last year Enjoy!
/\/\ Today's quiz \/\/ Which album produced 9 x Top 50 singles in ARIA? This album is not a compilation or best of. And which album a few years later made 8 x Top 50 singles? Clue : both last century Answer tomorrow.
Well I would have to guess Michael Jackson, and for the albums, either Thriller or Bad for the 9 singles (they are around 5 years apart)? If its Bad, then Dangerous would be for the 8 singles prob, as Black Or White came out around 3 years after the Bad single I think. Last edited:
I believe the answer is Michael Jackson's Bad followed by Michael Jackson's Dangerous. But for this to be an accurate response, based upon the wording of the question Dangerous needs an asterix next to it.
If the question is in to the initial release of the song than the asterix would be applied to the Clivilles & Cole Remix of Black Or White since this charted as a seperate single, was a remix of a song on Dangerous but never appeared on Dangerous. If the question is using Will You Be There as the 8th single, then it needs to be mentioned that it only reached the Top 50 last year after MJ's death as on it's intial release it only manged to hit #58 on the charts. Last edited:
I think that you will find that you will find yes Dangerous had the 8 singles AS WELL as the remix of Black and white. But I was think about his sisters CD called Janet. I am sure that weith the release of What'll I do when she toured that it reached the top 50 to make her 8th in Australia. It was a pity that throb was not released ehre, great club hit it would have been
I wasn't sure if there was only one answer to my quiz. I was thinking about BAD (Michael Jackson) for the 9 x Top 50 hits and DANGEROUS (MJ) for the 8 x Top 50 hits. But yes, as BillyBrett says, 'Will You Be There' did not actually make the Top 50 until 2009. JANET (Janet Jackson) did get 8 x Top 50 hits, I forgot about that one. The nine hits from BAD:
Yeah those flopping greatly surprised me, I've always thought of them as massive hits. Another greatly surprising fact (for me at least) is that Smooth Criminal by MJ made #29 and the Alien Ant Farm cover had 8 weeks at #1. And I don't think it was used it a movie. WOW (But I do prefer AAF still)
#3. Live Element - Something About You #4. Akon - Lonely #5. Public Domain - Operation Blade (Bass In The Place)
No idea on the first two. (Well I might have an idea on the artist for the second one, based on the cryptic clue, but I'd need to look it up to confirm the title, and I prefer not to do that on these quizzes.)
1 Great Southern Land-Lifehouse 2 Touch Me-Rui De Silva (Based on the clue) 3 Something About You-Live Element 4 Mr. Lonely (the actual title)-Akon 5 Operation Blade (Bass In The Place)-Public Domain (love this song xD)
1 What was the name of the song that gave Fergie her first taste of singing on a Billboard Top 50 track?
2 What were they called before becoming Craig McLachlan & Check 1- 2?
3 In December 1994 a song called Lucas With the Lid Off peaked at number 15. Fantastic track and great video. Exactly 15 years later, what new entry into the December charts had a connection with this song and why?
4 Aussie soap star Bruce Samazan released a single, what was this called?
5 Aussie pop band Euphoria failed to find success after their debut album. Who performaed the rap on their attempted comeback single Elated?
Didn't know #1 #2 - don't know the name, but remember their hits Rock The Rock, Mona and Amanda. #3 ? (I vaguely remember the '94 hit) #4 ? (kind of remember he had a release way back, but didn't get airplay) #5 ??
Woo I got 168/168 with exactly 2 minutes to spare. Sore hands after that. But yeah was pretty easy, the last few I got were Spinning Around as I kept writing I'm Spinning Around and was wondering why it wasn't accepting it and Without Me from Eminem. As he's had many #1's it wasn't as easy to list them, unlike with other artists who only had 1 or 2.
I had trouble with Britney, Delta and Guy especially the latter two, they have so many you forget them easily it seems. I found Eminem easy. Also the Idol ones were difficult, as once the artist's dissapeared from the music scene you forget their songs too.
On 392's quiz I only got 19/40. I don't floow the world charts much, so I got the ones from the top end of our 100 that made theirs, though I did forget to put down Just Dance, despite getting all the other GaGa's.
On Hijinx's quiz, I also got 168/168. I only had 50ish seconds to spare, but I had 164 with three minutes to go, having gone in order except for the four I couldn't immediately name. My final four were Hung Up, Lose Yourself (sure, I forget the longest running #1 of the decade!) Low (I kept blanking on the name) and Just Lose It. Finally I got there though. Having the artists was a great help.
I found going in order easier, because I have the songs linked together in my mind from them charting together. So I'd think back to my personal chart, and try to think things like 'What Eminem song was charting around the same time as Delta's Out Of The Blue?' etc. Hung Up was one of my last four because I actually thought I'd already entered it back when I was entering Music, so I was trying to think of another Madonna song. Luckily I realised in time that I hadn't.
Delta was the easiest, especially as I was a massive fan back in the days of the first album. All you had to do was think of every Delta song ever released, and it was gonna be on the list!
I got 157/168. I start the quiz from the bottom and work my way until I can see all the answers so I don't have to scroll anymore. I blanked on a few Delta songs and stumbled on the words for a few (Listen With Your Heart).
First of all let me apologise for making the questions hard that I posted last week. It was not my intention so please forgive. Next time I will heed the comments. But just in case anyone was curious I will elt you all know the answers.
1 What was the name of the song that gave Fergie her first taste of singing on a Billboard Top 50 track? - Most got this right. Before the BEP, before her solo career, Fergie was the lead vocalist in the group Wild Orchid. They achieved some success with a few top100 songs, and "Talk To Me" was their first top 50 on Billboard. Great song.
2 What were they called before becoming Craig McLachlan & Check 1- 2? - Craig McLachlan and The Y-Fronts (so glad they changed names)
3 In December 1994 a song called "Lucas With the Lid Off" peaked at number 15. Fantastic track and great video. Exactly 15 years later, what new entry into the December charts had a connection with this song and why? - Lucas with the lid off was a great song. The grammy and MTV nominated video was completed in one continuous take, if you have not seen it or heard the song check it out on Youtube. The artists full name was Lucas Secon. After mild success singing, he turned to writing. He has written for loads of people including, Sugababes, Pussycat Dolls, Britney, Jordin Sparks, Alexandra Burke, Pixie Lott, Kylie, JLS, Toni and so many more. 15 years after his top 15 hit in Australia, Stan Walker burst onto our charts with Black Box. Lucas was one of the credited writers of that track. With hits to his name like I Hate This Part, Gravity, Black Box and tracks from Kylie's new album, one of his tracks is probably on your Ipod right now.
4 Aussie soap star Bruce Samazan released a single, what was this called? - At the height of his career Bruce had starred in Australias 3 prominent soapies, E-Street, Neighbours and Home And Away. Seeing as though Kylie and Jason had found success in singing, Bruce thought he would give it a go, putting out the rap single "One Of A Kind". The song flopped. I have the CD single, and reckon only a handful of others bought it
5 Aussie pop band Euphoria failed to find success after their debut album. Who performed the rap on their attempted comeback single Elated? - Euphoria had two #1 singles from their debut album and other minor hits. "Love You Right" and "One In A Million" were going to be hard to follow up, but "Elated" was the first single form their to be released second album. With Jodhi Meares (later to be Packer) replacing outgoing Holly Garnett big things were expected, but Elated flopped and the second album never was released. The vocals of Jodhi had not helped the band at all. But she would go on to become very famous outside of music.
Sorry about the questions again, but I hope at least someone discovered something they did not know. Cheers
Guided with only one clue, try to guess my "mystery songs". For the benefit of the majority of members here, the first eight "mystery songs" will be from 2008 onwards. The remaining two will be from 2000-2007.
1. An African-american "general"'s only US and Canada hit. 2. Party during the Wonder World Tour 2009. 3. Some lyrics: "Our rights, our wrongs" 4. Some lyrics: "It comes with a toy, I like that" 5. Sharing its name with an Iggy Pop album from the 80s. 6. Antonymn: Natural mask 7. Major 2010 hit for a band rhyming with a weather condition. 8. (Calle Ocho) 9. Some lyrics: "What's cooler than being cool?" 10. Acronymn: IBYLGOTD
Today's quiz: 1. Which single can claim to have the best start to its chart-run in its first 10 weeks on the chart? 2. Dancing In The Dark attained 53 weeks in the Top 50 in 1984-85. Second Solution / Prisoner Of Society achieved 47 weeks in 1998-99. Can you remember which single had the longest stay in the Top 50 in the time between these hits?
ok, so this quiz wasn't too hard. 1. Lose Yourself - Eminem 2. November Rain - Guns n' Roses (41 weeks including xmas break) almost as long: Baby Don't Forget My Number - Milli Vanilli (38 weeks with xmas break)
Got 77 on your quiz Hijinx. Struggled a ridiculous amount with Roxette, somehow missing It Must Have Been Love. Pearl Jam were also tough.
On the quiz HIAM posted, I scored 91. Missed Disturbia, though I tried every other Rihanna single for it. Also missed Kanye's Stronger, and Usher's U Remind Me and Love In This Club. He has too many singles.
Songs I missed Ashanti - Foolish Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite Terror Squad - Lean Back Creed - With Arms Wide Open Sean Paul - Get Busy Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You Jennifer Lopez feat Ja Rule - Ain't It Funny Matchbox Twenty - Unwell 3 Doors Down - Here Without You Chingy - Right Thurr Joe - I Wanna Know Matchbox Twenty - Bent Ja Rule feat. Ashanti - Always on Time Ludacris feat. Shawnna - Stand Up Nickelback - Photograph Usher - You Remind Me Eve feat. Gwen Stefani - Let Me Blow Ya Mind Missy Elliot - Work It
A few notes about it: Since there are only about 300 ARIA number one hits to choose from, I have added the restriction of guessing in order, which means that you must click on the answer field you wish to use. This prevents brute force naming of every number one hit you can think of. My goal was to vary the difficulty, so while many will be straight interpretations, watch out for a few cryptic ones. Most importantly, enjoy, and then vent your frustration for missing what you should have gotten. Positive reception may inspire sequels.
I got 28/50. It helped that I do cryptic crosswords sometimes, and also can sort of get into the way Hijinx is thinking sometimes. I would say though that there were too many for the ten minute limit, I barely got time to think about some of them before I realised I needed to move on. If I didn't get them instantly, there wasn't much time to work it out.
Sadly I missed "Vocally Express That This is How You Desire" for the 2010 clue. I must have remembered every other #1 this year bar the answer. My favourite was "Violently Engaging With a Bathing Vessel" but I didn't get it right. Like BillyBrett, knowing what girt means got me that answer, without knowing that I don't think I'd have got that one.
I'd love a sequel sometime for sure, but maybe with more time allowed, or fewer songs. Last edited:
Another fantastic effort. I love the name in the link as well.
I scored 16/25, which I thought was a pretty poor effort. I still found I didn't have enough time to think some of them through, but in a couple of cases I'd tried a song for one clue, and it was incorrect, but it fitted a later clue which I didn't attach it to.
Funniest clue this time was: A Canine Which I Quite Fancy. Once again I didn't get it right.
Another excellent effort! Despite me not being a massive Madonna fan, I actually found that one the easiest so far. Maybe I am getting used to working out the clues, but it might just have been easier focusing solely on one artist. After ripping through several, it was also helpful to remember any more songs and see if they fitted a clue I had left.
I've been offering this in chat for a while, but I thought I may as well offer it here. Lately I've been quizzifying people's EOY charts in the way that I did the ARIA EOY two posts up. So essentially, I'm offering to do one for anyone upon request.
I got 18/20 and two hidden ones. Are there only two? The ones I got were 21st and 24th, I'd assume the places in between were filled too.
As for it being a compliment, well in some cases it's not a problem (ie: bulion's 289 is mostly relevant chartifacts threads) but in many others a lot of the threads that are started are pointless, making it not a compliment. On a completely unrelated topic, I was surprised to see a certain someone only just scrape into the top ten. :O
1. At the 53rd Grammy Awards, Arcade Fire achieved which distinction? A: The first indie act to be nominated for "Best Vocal Performance" for three years in a row without winnnig the award. B: The first indie act to win "Album Of The Year". C: The first indie act to win "Best Vocal Performance" three years in a row. D: The only indie act to be nominated but not win "Album Of The Year".
2. What was significant about the June 6th for Trivium fans? A: The song "In Waves" was released to members of the band's website. B: The upcoming album was announced to be named after the song "In Waves". C: The song "In Waves" was released onto Itunes. D: The music video for the song "In Waves" was released.
3. The title track from Yes's 2011 album "Fly From Here" is based off a recorded demo for a then-potential track to be included on a 1981 album by which band? A: Duran Duran B: The Buggles C: Dire Straits D: Culture Club
4. Which Jessie J song has gone 3x Platinum in Australia with a #2 peak on the ARIA Charts? A: Do It Like A Dude B: Price Tag C: Nobodys Perfect D: Who's Laughing Now
5. What was the first #1 on the official Australian singles chart for 2011? A: Grenade by Bruno Mars B: S & M by Rihanna C: Born This Way by Lady Gaga D: Friday by Rebecca Black
lol did actually I end up giving the answers to this? I guess not. whoops! well, even though this is months overdue, I will say that bangalore is correct about with 2B and 3B but it was 5A. I think the others were 1B and 4B. So I'm not 100% certain but I think bangalore got 3/5. Well done for a (lately acknowledged, lol) score of 60%. Last edited:
1. Guy Sebastian claimed that he’s “the only one who can love ya like that” in 2009. 2. The Living End wants us to wake up to Manipulation, and the Situation (of Suicidal Education) 3. Kylie Minogue had an international hit in the mid-Noughties with “I Believe In You”. 4. Bernard Fanning wanted to wish you well in the Triple J Hottest 100 of 2005. 5. You made a fool of "Everyone", according to Jet.
I tried to do the one of mine from 2010. I struggled so much I gave up. Oh well I guess when the chart that was used wasn't a true personal chart your brain doesn't store the information that well. Or perhaps I have just wiped all the songs from 2010 out of my mind.