Welcome to The Nostalgia Thread. Ever since The 1001 Countdown ended this site has been missing something extra and after a couple months of trying to think of a new and original game idea I came up with this. The rules are simple.
1. In the 1st week vote for a decade (60s/70s/80s/90s/00s/10s). 2. In the 2nd week then vote for a year from the decade that gets the most votes. 3. In the 3rd week then choose up to 10 tracks from the year. (Links to Grants wonderful site will be posted to make things easier if your not familiar or have trouble remembering stuff from the year). If you want to play strategically or can’t list 10 tracks you like from that year then you can select anywhere between 1 and 9 tracks instead. 4. The track that gets the most votes is declared Aus-Charts.com’s favourite hit of that year. If any ties happen then there will be a 4th week of voting to break the ties. 5. Once a winner has been declared you cannot vote for the same decade 2 weeks in a row and you can't vote for that year again. 6. If all the years of a decade have winners then a battle between the 10 winners will decide the best of the decade. 7. Voting starts and closes on Sunday afternoons.
Roy Orbison - Only the Lonely
Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Roy Orbison - Oh Pretty Woman
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
The Beatles - Let It Be
Don McLean - American Pie
Elton John - Crocodile Rock
Elton John - Candle In The Wind
The Eagles - Hotel California
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
INXS - Original Sin
Madonna - Into The Groove
The Chruch - Under The Milky Way
Bryan Adams - (Everything I do) I do it for you
Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Oasis - Wonderwall
Babylon Zoo - Spaceman
Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
Spiller Feat Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Groovejet (If This Ain’t Love)
I will be away for 12 days. Seeing that 1960 seems to be pulling ahead here is my list.
1. Will you still love me tomorrow. The Shirelles 2. Shout Johnny O'Keefe 3. Only the Lonely Roy Orbison 4. The Twist Chubby Checker 5. Georgia on my Mind Ray Charles 6. Cathy's Clown The Everly Brothers 7. It's now or never Elvis Presley 8. Spanish Harlem Ben E. King 9. Apache The Shadows 10. She's My Baby Johnny O'Keefe
Hahahaha.... hey jinx, just read my (now deleted) post and re-read yours and came to the conclusion that you were on about order in the sense of the tracks for each year... not my original post about chronological order... hahahah sorry bout that
I've got six of the same tracks on my list Keith for 1960 Last edited:
You didn't miss much, I didn't have a dig at you in anyway, I just made a point from my own experiences with producing such large lists and about chronological order being easier in such a circumstances... pretty boring really...hahahaha....
1. Only the Lonely - Roy Orbison 2. Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini - Brian Hyland 3. Wonderful World - Sam Cooke 4. The Twist - Chubby Checker 5. Mr. Custer - Larry Verne 6. Walk - Don't Run - The Ventures 7. Stay - Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs 8. Handy Man - Jimmy Jones 9. Alley-Oop - Hollywood Argyles 10. The Hippy Hippy Shake - Chan Romero
and that makes it easier for me I will leave some space in case I'm reminded of something else I should include
Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely Sam Cooke - Chain Gang Sam Cooke - Wonderful World The Shadows - Apache The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown Sam Cooke - Wonderful World The Everly Brothers - Be Bop A-Lula Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind Duane Eddy - Peter Gunn The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Starlight, Starbright - Lonnie Lee Stuck on You - Elvis Presley My Love - Nat 'King' Cole & Stan Kenton (my fave) A Mess of Blues / The Girl of My Best Friend - Elvis Presley Are You Lonesome Tonight? - Elvis Presley Sway - Bobby Rydell Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
1. Cathy's Clown - The Everly Brothers 2. Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles 3. Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison 4. Giant Steps - John Coltrane 5. When Will I Be Loved - The Everly Brothers 6. The Twist - Chubby Checker 7. Walk, Don't Run - The Ventures 8. It's Now Or Never - Elvis Presley 9. I Got My Mojo Working - Muddy Waters 10. Apache - The Shadows
Damn missed it! Is voting still.open? 1960 you say? Updated 22/3/16 - lock it in Eddie 1. Apache - The Shadows 2. Sway - Robby Rydell 3. She's My Baby - JOK 4. Peter Gunn - Duane Eddy 5. The Twist - Chubby Checker 6. Are You Lonesome Tonight? - Elvis Presley 7. Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison 8. Wonderful World - Sam Cooke 9. It's Now Or Never - Elvis Presley 10. Cathy's Clown - The Everly Brothers Last edited:
okay, I'll have a go Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini Cliff Richard and The Shadows - Please Don't Tease Rob E.G. - Whiplash Lonnie Lee - Yes, Indeed I Do Neil Sedaka - Run Samson Run Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck Wanda Jackson - Let's Have A Party Johnny O'Keefe - She's My Baby The Ventures - Walk - Don't Run The Shadows - Apache
Not sure if I'll get more of a chance to listen to more songs and all that, so posting my list here now. This post may be edited before Sunday
All I Could Do Was Cry - Etta James Are You Lonesome Tonight? - Elvis Presley Everybody's Somebody's Fool - Connie Francis Howlin' For My Darlin' - Howlin' Wolf Mood Indigo - Nina Simone Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison Sixteen Reasons - Connie Stevens Tough Mary - Etta James Will You Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
Chubby Checker - The Twist Ella Fitzgerald - Mack The Knife Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight Elvis Presley - Stuck on You Jimmy Dean - Little Boy Lost The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown The Everly Brothers - Lucille
I want to vote Etta James - At Last as it was released in 1960 but since I haven't seen it in anyone else's list, I presume it'll get its chance in 1961. Last edited:
80's because if we were to go in strict order it would get very boring,and you need change to make things fun and interesting. There's nothing bad about the 60's music,it's just a touch OCD to say we "have" to go in order
Six a piece for 61' & 69'.... one day of voting left, this should be interesting...
Come on 61' Let's keep it chronological, for those who don't know many tunes from this era... what a great opportunity to listen too and discover new music and observe how contemporary music has unfolded and evolved over the past 56 years Last edited:
1. Crying - Roy Orbison 2. Let's Twist Again - Chubby Checker 3. Hello Mary Lou - Ricky Nelson 4. Stand By Me - Ben E. King 5. Runaway - Del Shannon 6. The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) - The Tokens 7. Runaround Sue - Dion 8. Lullaby of the Leaves - The Ventures 9. Walkin' Back to Happiness - Helen Shapiro 10. Calendar Girl - Neil Sedaka
Ben E. King - Stand By Me Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again Del Shannon - Runaway Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love Etta James - At Last Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore Patsy Cline - Crazy Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack Roy Orbison - Crying Roy Orbison - Running Scared
Honourable mentions I fall to pieces – Patsy Cline Please Mr Postman – the Marvelettes At Last - Etta James The Wanderer – Dion Duke of Earl – Gene Chandler Can’t help falling in love – Elvis Presley Blue Moon – The Marcels Little Sister/(Marie’s the name) His latest flame – Elvis Presley Hello Mary Lou – Ricky Nelson The Red Rooster – Howlin’ Wolf
1. Runaway - Del Shannon 2. Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles 3. Crying - Roy Orbison 4. Stand By Me - Ben E King 5. Runaround Sue - Dion 6. Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley 7. Let's Twist Again - Chubby Checker 8. Will You Love Me Tomorrow? - The Shirelles 9. The Lion Sleeps Tonight - The Tokens 10. Calendar Girl - Neil Sedaka Last edited:
1. At Last! - Etta James 2. Stand By Me - Ben E. King 3. Runaround Sue - Dion 4. Crazy - Patsy Cline 5. Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles 6. My Favourite Things - John Coltrane 7. Running Scared - Roy Orbison 8. I Fall To Pieces - Patsy Cline 9. Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley 10. Let's Twist Again - Chubby Checker
Ben E. King - Stand By Me Bobby Vee - How Many Tears Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry Del Shannon - Runaway Dion - Runaround Sue Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love Helen Shapiro - Walkin' Back To Happiness Roy Orbison - Crying The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
I have developed quite a liking for Etta James as you can tell!
At Last - Etta James Baby It's You - The Shirelles Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley Fool That I Am - Etta James Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles Stand By Me - Ben E. King Surrender - Elvis Presley Trust In Me - Etta James Walkin' Back To Happiness - Helen Shapiro Work Song - Nina Simone
Ben E Kings Stand By Me is the winner for 1961, congratulations!
I have officially introduced a new rule into this game, as of now you cannot vote for the same decade 2 times in a row. This is to avoid a potential scenario of having everything ending up in exact order and if that were to happen then voting for the decades would have ended up pointless plus it gives other decades and fans of those decades a chance to shine. The 1960s will be eligible again next time.
Now vote for any one of these decades. Voting closes 24th Of April.
Why? It's clear plenty of people have no problem music of the '60s, and it's clearly a far more logical process that shows both a gradually transforming musical landscape as well as the nature of voting. Also I don't want to have to do a recent year while I'm putting so much time into making my own lists for those years and keeping relatively tightlipped about my particular favourites. This seems like lousy sour grapes because the '60s are old Last edited:
Poor Lifter throwing the toys out of the pram just because he can't get his way
Honestly I don't even care that much for going in order but your petty attempts to change the outcome and then block other people's choice to vote in that way if they wish (by changing your vote midway through the week, voting under another account and now this) is childish. This may be your game but there are many who participate and enjoy it and the very least you should ASK before you implement such crazy rules. What a pity this game is turning into a joke, because it's a great idea and I for one have enjoyed participating in it otherwise.
For the record there's nothing wrong with 60's music. Over the last 18 months i've expanded my knowledge of 60's music and have come to appreciate a lot more of it. There's as much good and crap in every decade. By mixing up the years you open it up to other people who may not have a great knowledge of older music but still wanna play and the random factor makes it more fun and as this is a game planned for a long time you wanna make it as fresh and fun as you can.
I think though the music provides the variety on its own. I've seen it through making my own lists; every year shapes a new environment, especially in the '60s considering that we're in clear 'oldies' territory with 1961, but by 1962, in come The Beatles & The Beach Boys (among many others) who are re-inventing themselves almost every year forcing everyone else to keep up. I won't pretend my knowledge is anymore than entry level, but there's SOOO much going on that makes it interesting by itself.
On an unrelated note, I count 10 votes for "Stand By Me" (thrilled it won btw), did you miss someone's vote possibly Lifter? Last edited:
There is variety yes,i will agree with you there,but the thing is it does take a while for that variety to change. You have the rock era from about 1957 to 1962 (it was still fairly dormant in 1957) and then as you say the beatles come in ,and things change again because they need to to keep things fresh. and then you get a different sound once again around 1965 to about 1969. This way you'll get more variety with eras (i feel anyway) in a much faster turnaround.
To think of it another way though, there's a rewarding thrill to seeing things advance gradually. Especially if you are more a fan of modern music (I don't like comparing decades but the truth is I know and love FAR more music in later years), you get the satisfaction of seeing your favourite eras/artists arrive in time. Jumping all over the place means no satisfaction or pay off at all until the very end, and even then it's stifled by the process.
Well I do think going in order has many merits, though I don't care too much if it doesn't end up happening. I do agree with above points for going in order. One thing that I've liked about starting with the early '60s is how big the turnout for those years have been. Pretty impressive, and shows that some are willing to improve their knowledge and vote for an era that's not necessarily their favourite. I know I've found those gems in the process
In any case I'm sad that this bickering is occurring, would be nice to move on and stop this one side vs. the other thing and get back into the game and voting for whatever decade/year people want to vote for and not just what decade/year Lifter is okay with
Well if we DO go like this, I smell boycotting in order, which would kill the thread or at least make for some meaningless results. Is it REALLY worth that just over this petty reaction to a majority opinion?
I’m only going to respond to this once because I have better things to do then to waste my time dealing with what is clearly an overreaction to one little rule change which last I checked isn’t against the rules of this site, it wouldn’t be the 1st time a game thread has had a rule change and it really isn’t a big deal or at least it shouldn’t be.
Your accusations against me Zacco are either false or exaggerated, for starters there isn’t a rule against editing your votes during the week and I settled that other account thing with Hijinx via memo recently, no foul play has had any impact on the results btw. I also did discuss this change in the chat before I posted so it isn’t like it’s completely out of no where.
Despite what some may think I have not done anything that benefits me in anyway whatsoever. With all that settled can all this crap please end now because all I did was add a rule that could have potential long term benefit’s for this thread by making it more engaging and fun for everyone but the reaction has been completely over the top. Does it really matter that much if you don't get to vote for a certain decade twice in a row, does it. But I get it, not everyone is going to agree and I’m not saying you have to but if anyone still has a problem with all this then please tell me so via memo. Last edited:
Has it really been that much of an over-reaction though? It seems you've made a bigger reaction to the fact that plenty of people want to play a certain way. I haven't been in chat much lately to see everything, but the time I was last week, you seemed to imply that everyone voting for 1961 was a troll, and you were rather desperate to find any way to stop it.
I can note more personal opinions via memo (if I can think of anything) but I don't think we should be concealing the facts.
I am not happy about this but Lifter is doing the work so I guess he makes the rules.
I think that it is only logical to go in order and by having a lengthy process to select the year instead of going in a logical order will kill participation in the long term especially as many people aren't on the chat so weren't consulted.
I have used a random generator to come with a year 1988 which is in the 80s.
Happy to join the go on chronological order bandwagon, if only because it will take 3 years to go through every year if we don't. From my POV it gets easier from 1964. If people discover the good music of years gone past (I have), then so much the better
However, if we're not staying in the 60s, I vote for the 80s. To expediate the process, perhaps we could name the preferred year when naming the decade? (1985 would be my nomination). Or Lifter can just make an executive decision and nominate the year, happy to go along with that. Last edited:
I'll vote for the 2000s. I see both sides of the argument though I don't get why either cares as much as they do. I don't see why it matters to Lifter so much but its his game and I don't see why everyone cares about this decision so much. It won't affect the end result so stop getting so worked up about it. After all this is just a music and charts forum. This is by no means a life or death matter so just let it go Last edited:
It kind of can affect the result I think Tennis. Going sequentially reveals slowly developing voting trends as we move from years where people are (generally) voting from the same pool of popular hits to the present where music is so widely available/familiar that everyone has their own niche, the sort of thing that isn't very compatible with this voting system. But if we ease into it, we'll get a better idea of how things work and likely get a more meaningful result.
The thing here is that I think Lifter is being a bit selfish due to his disinterest towards the '60s, and rather than be reasonable about things, he's taking it into his own to sabotage, first through piggy backing a vote of resistance, then voting with a 2nd account, and now just throwing a Deus ex machina in with no consultation, valuing only his own opinion and disregarding the majority's opinion. Heck, when this started I had no intention of doing it chronologically (I did vote for 1967 first after all), but those who were made a convincing argument for it.
Provided the rules aren't changed again, these earlier years have to be tackled eventually. May as well just get it out of the way.
If Lifter is voting twice through two separate accounts then this thread & game is fraudulent and a crock... I'm out!!!! I'm not playing a game where the person running it is manipulating the outcome or results to meet the ends they desire.
why the hell would you bring up something from over a week ago jinx that isn't even happening now? That just adds dissension on your part because you don't approve of what's being done,the same thing you're accusing lifter of. Seriously people,let's just make this a fun game and stop complaining. I'm going back to logging out,if anyone wants to reference me,memo me,otherwise leave me out of it as i have better things to do than debate all day.
I personally would prefer not to do it in order but that's just due to my personal taste and the fact that I haven't heard most 60's and even 70's music and I don't really have time at the present to go back and listen. In saying that though like Tennis I can see both sides.
I just think the best thing everyone can do now is finish the arguing and look past the rule change and just continue to enjoy playing the game. It's been fun up until now so lets not let all of this stop us from enjoying the rest of the game. I will say though that if Lifter is voting twice on two separate accounts he should stop, because it would ruin it for everyone else. The result isn't that big of a deal, I mean I know we all want our favourites too win, but it's not the end of the world if they don't.
Jesse you can't just make an accusation against me and say I have to reply by memo, that just leaves the thread without proper closure. In any case, my point was just a small part of my greater point, saying that Lifter did do that BEFORE, but when even that didn't work, took things further. My angle is not the same as his, as it's a case of disapproval due to people doing something that was not wrong/unjust/malicious vs someone stamping all over that because it's not what they want.
It's easy enough to want to move on, but that's clearly an opinion enforced largely by those unaffected (or even relieved) by this rule change. As someone who is affected, I'm going to express my disapproval.
LINKIN PARK - Shadow Of The Day COLDPLAY - Viva La Vida NICKELBACK - Gotta Be Somebody DAUGHTRY - Feels Like Tonight JAMES BLUNT - Same Mistake ONE REPUBLIC - Stop And Stare COLDPLAY - Violet Hill VANESSA AMOROSI - Perfect JORDIN SPARKS Feat CHRIS BROWN - No Air CHRIS BROWN - Forever
I propose a new rule - only one Coldplay song per list...eeeeehehehe *runs away*
1. Walking on a Dream - Empire of the Sun 2. Perfect - Vanessa Amorosi 3. Save the Lies - Gabriella Cilmi 4. Cry for You - September 5. Just Dance - Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis 6. Wheel of Fortune 2009 - Ace of Base 7. Poker Face - Lady Gaga 8. You Found Me - The Fray 9. Closer - Ne-Yo 10. Lights & Music - Cut Copy
1. Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me 2. Lady Gaga - I Like It Rough 3. Jessica Mauboy - Running Back 4. Ladyhawke - My Delirium 5. Adele - Make You Feel My Love 6. Lady Gaga - Poker Face 7. Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful Of Sunshine 8. The Veronicas - Take Me On The Floor 9. Metro Station - Shake It 10. The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
Worthy of note Electric Feel – MGMT Estelle featuring Kanye West – American Boy Use Somebody – the Kings of Leon All Summer Long – Kid Rock Mercy – Duffy You Belong with me – Taylor Swift (a hit in the US in 2008) I Kissed a Girl – Katy Perry A Milli – Lil’ Wayne Machine Gun – Portishead Low – Flo Rida
1. Time To Pretend - MGMT 2. This Boy's In Love - The Presets 3. Embrace - P'Nau 4. That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings 5. Electric Feel - MGMT 6. Lights and Music - Cut Copy 7. Skinny Love - Bon Iver 8. Mercy - Duffy 9. Paris Is Burning - Ladyhawke 10. If I Know You - The Presets
Britney Spears - Womanizer Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown - No Air Kelly Rowland - Work Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody Leona Lewis - Better In Time MGMT - Electric Feel Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music The Presets - My People The Presets - This Boy's In Love
Quick question, and I don't know if this has been asked in the thread already, but are you allowed to vote for the same song in two different years? Like for example voting "No One", which was a crossover hit, in both 2007 and 2008?
1. Keri Hilson - Energy 2. Amy Pearson - Ready to Fly 3. Rihanna - Take a Bow 4. Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown - No Air 5. Jessica Mauboy (feat. Flo Rida) - Running Back 6. Kat DeLuna (feat. Elephant Man) - Whine Up 7. Alicia Keys - No One 8. Beyonce - If I Were a Boy 9. Jordin Sparks - One Step at a Time 10. Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)
Honorable mentions: (and yes these are in order too )
Jennifer Hudson – Spotlight (very unlucky 11th) Maroon 5 (feat. Rihanna) – If I Never See Your Face Again Colbie Caillat - Bubbly Rihanna – Don’t Stop the Music The Pussycat Dolls – I Hate This Part Leona Lewis – Forgive Me Rihanna – Disturbia Leona Lewis – Better In Time
Didn't realise how good of a year 2008 actually was for music, a few of my all-time favourites.
For future reference, could someone tell me how to do one of those tables?
2008 (in order of release) Kylie Minogue - Wow Delta Goodrem - You Will Only Break My Heart Alicia Keys - Like You'll Never See Me Again Vanessa Amorosi - Perfect Kylie Minogue - In My Arms Cyndi Lauper - Into The Nightlife The Killers - Human Pink - Sober Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Jessica Mauboy - Burn
For the 1st time in this game we have a tie with both Single Ladies and Poker Face getting 4 points each. Rather then have a whole other week of voting just for these 2 tracks I have decided to simply combine decade voting and the tie breaker round simultaneously.
Now vote for any of the following decades. The 2000s is not eligible this round. Voting closes 15th of May. 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2010s
Also vote for either of these to break the tie. Beyonce – Single Ladies Lady Gaga – Poker Face
My Vote: 1990s. No vote from me for the tie breaker.
We once again have a tie between Poker Face and Single Ladies with 3 votes each or do we. Luckily I didn't vote for either at the start of the week so now I will to break the tie. It wasn't easy but I vote Poker Face making it the winner. Congratulations.
1970s: 1 1980s: 1 1990s: 4
The 90s win comfortably. Now vote for your favourite year from the decade. My Vote: 1998.
ROBERT MILES - Children ROBERT MILES - Fable GARBAGE - Stupid Girl THE CORRS - Runaway BUSH - Glycerine EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL - Missing MARK SNOW - X Files Theme METALLICA - Until It Sleeps METALLICA - Mama Said SAVAGE GARDEN - To The Moon And Back.
1. To the Moon and Back - Savage Garden 2. Missing - Everything But the Girl 3. I Want You - Savage Garden 4. I Live for You - Chynna Phillips 5. Return of the Mack - Mark Morrison 6. Don't Speak - No Doubt 7. Spaceman - Babylon Zoo 8. Where Do You Go - No Mercy 9. Let's Make a Night to Remember - Bryan Adams 10. Fastlove - George Michael
Worth mentioning The Macarena by Los del Rio was the biggest hit of 1996. Los del Mar also had a big hit. Both acts are confirmed one hit wonders. Isn’t It Ironic that Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette was the biggest album of the year. Savage Garden had their first big hit with I want you. A Design for Life by Manic Street Peachers Woo-ah Got you all in Check Busta Rhymes Novocaine for the Soul by the Eels Sunny came home by Shawn Colvin Lovefool by the Cardigans Underground by Ben Folds Five
1. The Fugees - Killing Me Softly 2. Spice Girls - Wannabe 3. No Doubt - Don't Speak 4. Alanis Morisette - Ironic 5. Alanis Morisette - You Oughta Know 6. No Doubt - Just A Girl 7. OMC - How Bizarre 8. Los Del Rio - Macarena 9. Deep Blue Something - Breakfast At Tiffany's 10. Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us
1. Pick You Up - Powderfinger 2. Breathe - The Prodigy 3. Spaceman - Babylon Zoo 4. Buy Me A Pony - Spiderbait 5. Grooving - Hunting Party 6. Oh Yeah - Ash 7. Firestarter - The Prodigy 8. Born Slippy (NUXX) - Underworld 9. Ready To Go - Republica 10. Novocaine For The Soul - The Eels
1. Toni Braxton – Un-Break My Heart 2. Toni Braxton – You’re Makin Me High 3. Fugees – Killing Me Softly 4. Blackstreet (feat. Dr. Dre) – No Diggity 5. Mariah Carey – Open Arms 6. Alanis Morissette – Ironic 7. 2Pac (feat. Dr. Dre) – California Love 8. Shaggy – Boombastic 9. Fugees – Ready or Not 10. Fugees – Fu-Gee-La
Babylon Zoo - Spaceman Bon Jovi - Lie To Me Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever George Michael - Fastlove George Michael - Jesus To A Child No Mercy - Where Do You Go Oasis - Wonderwall Robert Miles - Children Robert Miles - Fable
Babylon Zoo - Spaceman: 4. The Fugees - Killing Me Softly: 3.
Spaceman has been voted as our favourite 1996 Single, congratulations.
1970s: 3. 2000s: 3.
On the other hand both the 70s and the 00s are tied. Rather then drag this out another week you guys will have just 24 hours to break this tie then you will get 6 days to vote for our favourite year from the decade instead. I won't vote until tomorrow in case there is another tie.
1. The Night Chicago Died - Paper Lace 2. Waterloo - ABBA 3. Band on the Run - Paul McCartney & Wings 4. Candle in the Wind - Elton John 5. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd 6. Horror Movie - Skyhooks 7. Hooked on a Feeling - Blue Swede 8. You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet - Bachman-Turner Overdrive 9. Bennie and the Jets - Elton John 10. Evie - Stevie Wright
I am going to do something different and add a list of ten songs calculated by the Randomiser of 5 hits and 5 culturally acclaimed songs from 1974. The random songs were derived from a random number generator and they will not count towards the countdown but allow me to write blurbs about each of the songs (a la Hijinx) over the next couple of weeks.
My list of songs counting towards the totals are:
Living in the 70s – Skyhooks
No woman no cry – Bob Marley
Evie (parts 1, 2, and 3) – Stevie Wright
Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rebel, Rebel – David Bowie
Ballroom Blitz – The Sweet
Take me to the River – Al Green
I honestly love you – Olivia Newton John
Bennie and the Jets (Candle in the wind) – Elton John
Farewell Auntie Jack – Grahame Bond
Bennie and the Jets and Candle in the Wind were double A-sides. If forced to choose, I would vote for Bennie and the Jets so Sir Elton is polling well in early counting.
The randomiser has gone for these songs. (doesn't count)
Aunty Jack was a pioneering comedy show on the ABC that ran 1972-73. It is seen as the Australian answer to Monty Python’s Flying Circus although it appeared on Australian TV before the Pythons. It grew out of Sydney University’s Architecture Reviews in the 1960s in which Bond was a star performer.
The ABC originally decided to commission Aunty Jack as a children’s program to replace the Argonauts, which had been an institution. However, someone decided that a children’s program featuring a transvestite with a moustache was a big call and it became a comedy. As well as Bond, it featured Rory O’Donoghue and the second season added Garry McDonald. The show generated plenty of complaints as Aunty Jack would often use the word “bloody”.
“Waterloo” by ABBA Number 10 on the Randomiser List (doesn’t count) Chart positions: 36 Australia EOY 4 peak 1 UK peak 6 US peak
Waterloo marked the end for Napoleon but it marked the beginning of ABBA. It was the title track of their second album and they won Eurovision in 1974 with it. Waterloo was voted as the best Eurovision song of all time in the 50th anniversary of 2005.
Waterloo was the first song to win Eurovision that was not in the native tongue of the performers. It had previously been in the rules that the song had to be sung in the native tongue of the performers.
It also marked a turning point in the history of Swedish pop music. Before 1974, no Swedish act had ever charted in the US or UK. Together with “Hooked on a feeling” by Blue Swede (number 1 in the US in 1974), Waterloo was the first big hit by a Swedish act overseas. Since then, Swedish acts have consistently charted overseas.
1. Emma - Hot Chocolate 2. Radar Love - Golden Earring 3. Horror Movie - Skyhooks 4. Candle In The Wind - Elton John 5. This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Two Of Us - Sparks 6. Daytona Demon - Suzi Quatro 7. i Shot The Sheriff - Eric Clapton 8. Rikki Don't Lose That Number - Steely Dan 9. Rebel Rebel - David Bowie 10. Amoreuse - Kiki Dee
I'll keep Grahame Bond and just vote for Benny and the Jets as my sole Elton entry. My reasons are outlined beneath. TLDR: Voting for Bennie and the Jets 1974, Candle in the Wind more appropriate for 1997.
Song 9 my list Bennie and the Jets (Candle in the Wind double A-side)
Chart positions Australia End of year 34 peak position 5 Overseas Benny and the Jets #1 US #US r and b 15 #1 Canada Candle in the wind #11 UK (1974) live version #5 US #6 UK (1988) Candle in the wind 97 #1 world wide Album: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973) Live in Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (1987)
Elton John released Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in late 1973 and the title track was released as the first single reaching number 4 in Australia in early 1974.
Elton John then faced a decision on what to have as the next single from the album. His preference was Candle in the Wind which was released in the UK and was a moderate hit reaching 11 on the charts.
However, in the US and Canada, the decision was made for him . Radio DJs in Detroit, Michigan and Ontario starting playing Bennie and the Jets and it became popular with r&b fans. As a result, Bennie and the Jets was released in the US and Canada where it reached number 1 on the pop charts. In Australia, it was released as a double A-side.
There has also been confusion about the title with Benny and the Jets used on the single version instead of Bennie and the Jets.
Candle in the Wind would be released as a single in later years. In 1986, Elton John toured Australia with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. There was a concert played live on ABC TV. A live version of Candle in the Wind was recorded and released as a single in late 87 reaching the top 10 on both sides of the Atlantic in 1988.
Following the death of Princess Diana, the song was rewritten with no lyrics. It became a massive hit going to number one all over the world and becoming the second best selling song of all time worldwide. For that reason, I believe that it would be more appropriate to vote for Candle in the Wind in 1997,and Bennie and the Jets gets my vote for 1974.
David Bowie Sorrow (9 on the randomiser list) Chart positions #16 Australian End of year #1 peak Australia and New Zealand #2 Ireland #3 UK Album: Pin-Ups B-side: Amsterdam TLDR: David Bowie’s only solo number one Australian hit was a cover version.
Sorrow was first performed by American band the McCoys in 1965. The McCoys are best known for “Hang on Sloopy”. English band the Merseys had a top 5 hit in the UK with their version in 1966. David Bowie recorded it for his “Pin-Ups” album which was recorded in 1973. Bowie’s version was a hit in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the UK but failed to make an impact anywhere else.
Song 8 I honestly love you Chart positions: 10 End of year 1 peak 1 US 1 US adult contemporary 6 US country 1 Canada 1 Sweden Albums: Long Live Love (UK), If you love me let me know (US) Continental American (Peter Allen version) Awards: Grammy Award for Record of the Year, Grammy Award for Female Pop Vocal Performance TLDR: Olivia Newton-John’s first US number 1, co-written by Peter Allen. It is the first work by an Australian artist to win the Grammy Award for Record of the Year
“I honestly love you” was written by Peter Allen and Jeff Barry. Peter Allen also recorded a version and the song is featured in the “Boy from Oz.”
However, it was Olivia Newton-John who had the hit record with it and it topped the charts in Australia, the US, Canada and Sweden. The song also received plenty of airplay on adult contemporary radio and country stations in the US. It was only a moderate hit in the UK reaching a top position of 22.
The song also won a Grammy Award for Record of the Year making Olivia Newton-John the first Australian to win this award as well as the Grammy for best pop vocal.
Elton John - Bennie And The Jets Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You Steve Miller Band - The Joker Stevie Wright - Evie The Hollies - The Air That I Breathe The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New The Sweet - The Ballroom Blitz
1. Tainted Love - Soft Cell 2. Super Freak - Rick James 3. In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins 4. Waiting for a Girl Like You - Foreigner 5. Fade to Grey - Visage 6. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes 7. Down Under - Men at Work 8. Wired for Sound - Cliff Richard 9. Boys in Town - Divinyls 10. Love in Motion - Icehouse
1. Fade To Grey - Visage 2. Counting The Beat - The Swingers 3. Tainted Love - Soft Cell 4. Vienna - Ultravox 5. You Weren't In Love With Me - Billy Field 6. In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins 7. With The Kids In America - Kim Wilde 8. Jealous Guy - Roxy Music 9. Unguarded Moment - The Church 10. Boys In Town - Divinyls
Billy Field - You Weren't In Love With Me Carly Simon - Jesse Christopher Cross - Sailing Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes Loverboy - Turn Me Loose Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now? Ph.D. - I Won't Let You Down Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight Roxy Music - Jealous Guy Visage - Fade To Grey
The 2010s win. Now every decade has been featured in this game. Now vote for your fav year from the decade. You can't vote for 2016 or later though as they either haven't finished or haven't happened yet. (Unless your psychic )
A 3 way tie between 2011, 2015 and my pick 2010. However Keiths 2nd preference is 2011 so it wins.
Now vote for anywhere between 1 and 10 of your fav tracks from the year. Voting closes 2nd August.
My Votes. NAKED AND FAMOUS - Young Blood SHANNON NOLL - Switch Me On ONE REPUBLIC - Good Life LINKIN PARK - Iridescent CHRISTINA PERRI - A Thousand Years BIRDS OF TOKYO - Circles NICKELBACK - When We Stand Together GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know COLDPLAY - Paradise SIMPLE PLAN - Jet Lag
1. Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera 2. More - Usher 3. Inescapable - Jessica Mauboy 4. Don't Hold Your Breath - Nicole Scherzinger 5. Give Me Everything - Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer 6. Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes feat. Adam Levine 7. Hit the Lights - Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne 8. We Found Love - Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris 9. E.T. - Katy Perry 10. Without You - David Guetta feat. Usher
1. SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW Gotye feat. Kimbra 2. VIDEO GAMES Lana Del Ray 3. HANGING ON Active Child 4. WHAT THE WATER GAVE ME Florence and The Machine 5. TONGUE TIED Grouplove 6. PUMPED UP KICKS Foster the People 7. LONELY BOY Black Keys 8. ROLLING IN THE DEEP Adele 9. FEEL SO CLOSE Calvin Harris 10. LEVELS Avicii Last edited:
Adrian Lux - Teenage Crime Black Eyed Peas - Don't Stop The Party Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough David Guetta feat. Sia - Titanium Freemasons feat. Wynter Gordon - Believer LMFAO feat. Natalia Kills - Champagne Showers Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer - Give Me Everything Rihanna feat. Drake - What's My Name? The Naked And Famous - Young Blood Wynter Gordon - Til Death
Definitely the hardest year to calculate, my favourite year in music. Thought I'd just keep it to ARIA singles though as it would get quite irrelevant if I didn't.
1. Jessica Mauboy (feat. Jay Sean) – What Happened to Us (shock?!?) 2. Nicki Minaj – Super Bass 3. Kelly Clarkson – Mr. Know It All 4. Alexis Jordan – Happiness 5. Jessica Mauboy – Inescapable 6. Paramore - Monster 7. Jennifer Lopez (feat. Pitbull) – On the Floor 8. Jessica Mauboy (feat. Ludacris) – Saturday Night 9. Cher Lloyd (feat. Mike Posner) – With Ur Love 10. David Guetta (feat. Jennifer Hudson) – Night of Your Life
THE CHURCH - Under The Milky Way FLEETWOOD MAC - Everywhere CHEAP TRICK - The Flame CROWDED HOUSE - Better Be Home Soon JOHN FARNHAM - Age Of Reason YELLO - Oh Yeah POISON - Every Rose Has It's Thorn THE PROCLAIMERS - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) LOUIS ARMSTRONG - What A Wonderful World Last edited:
1. Motor's Too Fast - James Reyne 2. Age of Reason - John Farnham 3. Endless Summer Nights - Richard Marx 4. The Flame - Cheap Trick 5. Underneath the Radar - Underworld 6. Simply Irresistible - Robert Palmer 7. Kokomo - The Beach Boys 8. Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car - Billy Ocean 9. Blue Monday 1988 - New Order 10. Hazy Shade of Winter - Bangles
1. Breakaway - Big Pig 2. Underneath The Radar - Underworld 3. Under The Milky Way - The Church 4. Sign Your Name - Terence Trent D'Arby 5. The Flame - Cheap Trick 6. Wonderful Life - Black 7. That's When I Think Of You - 1927 8. Back To The Wall - Divinyls 9. The Perfect Day - Fisher Z 10. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
Bros - When Will I Be Famous? George Michael - Faith Icehouse - Man Of Colours INXS - Never Tear Us Apart John Farnham - Age Of Reason Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up Rick Astley - Whenever You Need Somebody Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
We have ourselves a 3 way tie between The Church, Cheap Trick and John Farnham. To keep things going also vote for any decade listed below, the 1980s is not eligible this round. Voting closes 28th August.
1960s 1970s 1990s 2000s 2010s
I won’t vote for anything until next Sunday in case of another tie.
With 2 votes for both The Church and Farnsy it looks like I will break the tie and vote for The Church making them the winner for 1988. Congratulations.
With 1 vote each for the 2000s, the 70s and the 60s I will also have to break the tie here. Without much knowledge of the 60s and 70s the 2000s win. Now vote for your fav year from the decade. 2008 is not eligible. Voting closes 4th September.
My Votes. AVRIL LAVINGE - Complicated DJ SAMMY - Boys Of Summer KASEY CHAMBERS - Not Pretty Enough JOHNNY CASH - Hurt MICHELLE BRANCH - All You Wanted MICHELLE BRANCH - Everywhere PPK - Resurrection LINKIN PARK - In The End TENACIOUS D - Tribute VANESSA CARLTON - A Thousand Miles. Last edited:
1. Chemical Heart - Grinspoon 2. No One Knows - Queens Of The Stone Age 3. Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives 4. Breathe In Now - george 5. Without Me - Eminem 6. All My Life - Foo Fighters 7. Electrical Storm - U2 8. Catch - Kosheen 9. Get Me Off - Basement Jaxx 10. Karma - 1200 Techniques Last edited:
1. Blurry - Puddle of Mudd 2. Crush (1980 Me) - Darren Hayes 3. No Relief - Hannah 4. Gotta Get Thru This - Daniel Bedingfield 5. Kiss Kiss - Holly Valance 6. A Sorta Fairytale - Tori Amos 7. Murder on the Dancefloor - Sophie Ellis-Bextor 8. Heaven - DJ Sammy & Yanou feat. Do 9. Stop Calling Me - Shakaya 10. Complicated - Avril Lavigne
Not a brilliant year to be honest. But these were some of the great ones.
A1 - Caught In The Middle DJ Sammy & Yanou - Heaven Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss iiO - Rapture Kylie Minogue - In Your Eyes Kosheen - Catch Natalie Imbruglia - Beauty On The Fire No Doubt - Hella Good Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles Last edited:
1. Friday on My Mind - The Easybeats 2. These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra 3. No Milk Today - Herman's Hermits 4. Bus Stop - The Hollies 5. Reach Out I'll Be There - Four Tops 6. Black is Black - Los Bravos 7. You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes 8. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys 9. Sugar Town - Nancy Sinatra 10. The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
Not quite no opposition, I voted for 1968. But 1966 it is...
My list: 1. Reach Out I'll Be There - Four Tops 2. California Dreaming - The Mamas and The Papas 3. I Want, Need, Love You - The Black Diamonds 4. Hold Tight! - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich 5. The Sounds Of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel 6. Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles 7. Eight Miles High - The Byrds 8. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys 9. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore - The Walker Brothers 10. Friday On My Mind - The Easybeats
Bob Lind - Remember The Rain Herman's Hermits - No Milk Today The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations The Beatles - Nowhere Man The Kinks - Sunny Afternoon The Mamas & The Papas - California Dreamin' The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black The Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running The Who - My Generation
My Votes. THE WHITLAMS – No Aphrodisiac MATCHBOX 20 – Push RADIOHEAD – Paranoid Android THE VERVE PIPE – Freshmen ELTON JOHN – Something About The Way You Look Tonight DARIO G – Sunchyme ELTON JOHN – Candle In The Wind 1997 JEWEL – You Were Meant For Me SAVAGE GARDEN – Truly Madly Deeply THE PRODIGY - Breathe
1. Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden 2. Jellyhead - Crush 3. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion 4. Do What You Please - Unique II 5. Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Backstreet Boys 6. I Wanna Come (With You) - Real McCoy 7. Barbie Girl - Aqua 8. Coco Jamboo - Mr. President 9. Say You'll Be There - Spice Girls 10. Your Woman - White Town
1. Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve 2. Everlong - The Verve 3. No Aphrodisiac - The Whitlams 4. Freak - Silverchair 5. Paranoid Android - Radiohead 6. Tubthumping - Chumbawumba 7. It's Like That - Run DMC vs Jason Nevins 8. Song 2 - Blur 9. Prisoner Of Society - The Living End 10. Into My Arms - Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back) Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden Dannii - All I Wanna Do Foo Fighters - Everlong Jewel - Foolish Games No Doubt - Don't Speak No Mercy - When I Die Savage Garden - To The Moon And Back Savage Garden - Truly, Madly, Deeply The Prodigy - Breathe
1. Paranoid Android - Radiohead 2. Tubthumping - Chumbawumba 3. No Aphrodisiac - The Whitlams 4. Bittersweet Sympathy - The Verve 5. Barbie Girl - Aqua 6. Song 2 - Blur 7. The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) - Missy Elliott 8. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia 9. Candle in the wind 97/Something about the way you look tonight - Elton John 10 Dammit - Blink 182
Elton John – Something About The Way You Look Tonight
Savage Garden – Truly Madly Deeply
The Prodigy - Breathe
Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreets Back)
Aqua – Barbie Girl
The Verve – Bittersweet Symphony
Chumbawumba - Tubthumping
Blur – Song 2
Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
We have a 3 way tie between The Whitlams, Radiohead and Savage Garden with 3 votes each, now they enter the tie breaker. Vote for the one you want to win the most. In case of another tie I won’t vote until next week.
To keep the game moving also vote for the decade you want to see most. Voting closes on the 30th.
With 1972, 1975 and 1978 all getting 1 vote each we have ourselves a tie. However, thanks to 1970 getting 2 2nd preferences, it wins making this the 1st time in the game where a 2nd preference wins the round.
1. Lay Down - Melanie 2. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel 3. Let It Be - The Beatles 4. Paranoid - Black Sabbath 5. (They Long To Be) Close To You - The Carpenters 6. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin 7. The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles 8. All Right Now - Free 9. Eleanor Rugby - Zoot 10. Lady D'Arbanville - Cat Stevens
1. Lookin' Out My Back Door - Creedence Clearwater Revival 2. Venus - Shocking Blue 3. All Right Now - Free 4. Who'll Stop the Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival 5. All I Have to Do is Dream - Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell 6. Wild World - Cat Stevens 7. Well All Right - Blind Faith 8. The Pushbike Song - The Mixtures 9. Wild World - Jimmy Cliff 10. In the Summertime - The Mixtures
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door Shocking Blue - Venus Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water Simon & Garfunkel - El Condor Pasa The Beatles - Let It Be The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road The Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You The Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun The Kinks - Lola
1. Let it Be - the Beatles 2. Layla - Derek & the Dominoes 3. Turn up your radio - The Masters Apprentices 4. ABC - The Jackson 5 5. Paranoid - Black Sabbath 6. Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival 7. Bridge over troubled water - Simon & Garfunkel 8. War - Edwin Starr 9. Get Up (I feel like being a) Sex Machine - James Brown 10. (They long to be) Close to You - The Carpenters Last edited:
01 Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough 02 Free - All Right Now 03 The Band - Rag Mama Rag 04 The Supremes - Up The Ladder To The Roof 05 Black Sabbath - Paranoid 06 Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4 07 Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who'll Stop The Rain 08 The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back 09 John Lennon & Yoko Ono & The Plastic Ono Band - Instant Karma 10 The Beatles - Let It Be
All Saints - Black Coffee Billie Piper - Day & Night Britney Spears - Born To Make You Happy Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again Chicane feat. Bryan Adams - Don't Give Up Live - The Dolphins Cry M2M - Don't Say You Love Me Tina Cousins - Live & Breathe Tina Cousins - Pray William Ørbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings
My list is: 1. My happiness - Powderfinger 2. U2 - Beautiful day 3. Say my name - Destiny's Child 4. One more time - Daft Punk 5. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus 6. Music - Madonna 7. Frontier Psychiatrist - The Avalanches 8. Yellow - Coldplay 9. Bohemian like you - the Dandy Warhols 10. Stan - Eminem
Now vote for anywhere between 1 and 10 tracks from the year. Voting closes on Xmas day.
COLDPLAY - A Sky Full Of Stars THE VERONICAS - You Ruin Me 360 - Spiral Down LILY WOOD & THE PRICK - Prayer In C COLDPLAY - Midnight COLDPLAY - Ink COLDPLAY - True Love CLEAN BANDIT - Rather Be KLINGANDE - Jubel ZHU - Faded
1. High - Peking Duk 2. Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars 3. Chandelier - Sia 4. Talk is Cheap - Chet Faker 5. Geronimo - Sheppard 6. Thinking out loud - Ed Sheeran 7. Stolen Dance - Milky Chance 8. Shake it off - Taylor Swift 9. Stay with me - Sam Smith 10. Fancy - Iggy Azalea
1. Magic - Coldplay 2. Lovers on the Sun - David Guetta feat. Sam Martin 3. Do it Again - Royksopp & Robyn 4. Big Girls Cry - Sia 5. Superheroes - The Script 6. Dangerous - David Guetta feat. Sam Martin 7. It Was Always You - Maroon 5 8. This is How We Do - Katy Perry 9. You & I - One Direction 10. Never Be the Same - Jessica Mauboy
(I still feel weird about having a Coldplay single as my EOY #1. lol)
Calvin Harris - Summer Charli XCX - Boom Clap Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne - Rather Be Dami Im - Gladiator Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones - I Got U Echosmith - Cool Kids Peking Duk - High Sheppard - Geronimo Sigma - Nobody To Love The Script - Superheroes
1. Chandelier - Sia 2. Cosby Sweater - Hilltop Hoods 3. Faded - Zhu 4. Tripping The Light Fantastic - Ball Park Music 5. Talk Is Cheap - Chet Faker 6. My Heart Is A Wheel - Megan Washington 7. My Silver Lining - First Aid Kit 8. Roll Up Your Sleeves - Meg Macby 9. Pickles From The Jar - Courtney Barnett 10. Ultraviolence- Lana Del Rey
1. When Doves Cry - Prince 2. Original sin - INXS 3. How soon is now - the Smiths 4. Dancing in the dark - Bruce Springsteen 5. Like a Virgin - Madonna 6. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen 7. Pride (in the name of love) - U2 8. Two Tribes - Frankie goes to Hollywood 9. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr 10. Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
1. Message To My Girl - Split Enz 2. Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins 3. Careless Whisper - George Michael 4. Self Control - Laura Branigan 5. Don't Believe Anymore - Icehouse 6. No Say In It - Machinations 7. Dancing With Tears In My Eyes - Ultravox 8. Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw 9. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - U2 10. What Is Love - Howard Jones
1. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper 2. I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner 3. Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run) - Billy Ocean 4. Missing You - John Waite 5. Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat 6. What's Love Got to Do With It - Tina Turner 7. Oh Sherrie - Steve Perry 8. The NeverEnding Story - Limahl 9. Like a Virgin - Madonna 10. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
George Michael - Careless Whisper Icehouse - Don't Believe Anymore INXS - Original Sin Kenny Loggins - Footloose Kids In The Kitchen - Change In Mood Lionel Richie - Hello Mondo Rock - Come Said The Boy Phil Collins - Against All Odds Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
My votes are as follows: 1. Original Sin - INXS 2. Dancing in the dark - Bruce Springsteen 3. Like a Virgin - Madonna 4. Pride - U2 5. Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat 6. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker 7. Hold me now- Thompson Twins 8. Don't believe anymore - Icehouse 9. Careless Whisper - George Michael
My decade preferences are 1: 1990s 2: 1970s 3: 2000s 4. 1960s
A 9-way tie is ridiculous. MOAR people need to VOAT!
1. Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat 2. Like a Virgin - Madonna 3. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. 4. Original Sin - INXS 5. Careless Whisper - George Michael 6. Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins 7. Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2 8. Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen 9. Don't Believe Anymore - Icehouse
With 2 1st preference votes INXS are the clear winners for 1984 and the 1990s beat the 1970s 2-1. Now choose the year from the 1990s you like most. 1996 and 1997 are not eligible. Voting closes on the 29th January.
DARRYL BRAITHWAITE - The Horses JOHN FARNHAM - In Days To Come R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People BRYAN ADAMS - (Everything I Do) I Do it for You SCORPIONS - Wind Of Change THE ESCAPE CLUB - I'll Be There RIGHT SAID FRED - I'm Too Sexy NIRVANA - Smells Like Teen Spirit
1. Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana 2. Losing my religion - REM 3. The Horses - Daryl Braithwaite 4. I touch myself - The Divinyls 5. Unfinished sympathy - Massive Attack 6. Rush - Big Audio Dynamite 7. Enter Sandman - Metallica 8. Wind of change - Scorpions 9. Give it away - Red Hot Chili Peppers 10. The Fly - U2
1. (Everything I Do) I Do it for You - Bryan Adams 2. I've Been Thinking About You - Londonbeat 3. 3 A.M. Eternal - The KLF 4. Now That We Found Love - Heavy D & The Boyz 5. Cream - Prince & The New Power Generation 6. Here I Am (Come and Take Me) - UB40 7. Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) - C + C Music Factory feat. Freedom Williams 8. Sadeness Part I - Enigma 9. Love Rears Its Ugly Head - Living Colour 10. Rush Rush - Paula Abdul
Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You Enigma - Sadness Part 1 INXS - By My Side Londonbeat - I've Been Thinking About You M.C. Hammer - Pray Martika - Love ... Thy Will Be Done Ratcat - That Ain't Bad Screaming Jets - Better Seal - Crazy Simple Minds - Let There Be Love
It was tight but this time we only have a 2 way tie thankfully between Bryan and Enigma. They make the tie breaker. Also vote for your favourite decade from the 1960s onwards. The 1990s isn't eligble this round. Voting closes on the 12th.
1 God Save the Queen - the Sex Pistols 2. I'm stranded - The Saints 3. Heroes - David Bowie 4. Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac 5. Living Thing - ELO 6. I feel love - Donna Summer 7. Psycho Killer - The Talking Heads 8. We will rock you /We are the champions - Queen 9 . My mistake - Split Enz 10. Hotel California - the Eagles
1. Daddy Cool - Boney M. 2. Help is on Its Way - Little River Band 3. Ma Baker - Boney M. 4. Psycho Killer - Talking Heads 5. Knowing Me, Knowing You - ABBA 6. My Mistake - Split Enz 7. Hotel California - Eagles 8. Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac 9. No Woman No Cry - Boney M. 10. Living Next Door to Alice - Smokie
1. Heroes - David Bowie 2. I Feel Love - Donna Summer 3. Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel 4. Hotel California - Eagles 5. Cold As Ice - Foreigner 6. This Perfect Day - The Saints 7. Don't Fall In Love - The Ferrets 8. I'm In You - Peter Frampton 9. We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions - Queen 10. The Kids Are Out Tonite - Supernaut
Carole Bayer Sager - You're Moving Out Today Donna Summer - I Feel Love Dragon - April Sun In Cuba Eagles - Hotel California Eagles - New Kid In Town Electric Light Orchestra - Livin' Thing Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word Julie Covington - Don't Cry For Me Argentina Little River Band - Help Is On Its Way Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
My votes. MICHELLE BRANCH - Breathe COLDPLAY - The Scientist JOHNNY CASH - Hurt EMINEM - Lose Yourself DAVID BEDINGFIELD - If Your Not The One AVRIL LAVINGE - Losing Grip COLDPLAY - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face ROBBIE WILLIAMS - Come Undone DIDO - White Flag COUNTING CROWS - Big Yellow Taxi
1. Lost Without You - Delta Goodrem 2. Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit 3. Angel - Amanda Perez 4. I Miss You - Darren Hayes 5. Not Me, Not I - Delta Goodrem 6. Rise & Fall - Craig David feat. Sting 7. Bring Me to Life - Evanescence 8. Dream the Day Away - Candice Alley 9. Cry Me a River - Justin Timberlake 10. Hole in the Head - Sugababes
1. Seven nation army - the White Stripes 2. Hey Ya - Outkast 3. Are you going to be my girl - Jet 4. Lose yourself - Eminem 5. Clocks (Royksopp Remix) - Coldplay 6. Bring me to life - Evanescence 7. Cry me a River - Justin Timberlake 8. Crazy in love - Beyonce 9, On my mind - Powderfinger 10. Nosebleed section - Hiltop Hoods
Just eight from me in a surprisingly lacklustre year:
Coldplay - The Scientist Delta Goodrem - Lost Without You Evanescence - Bring Me To Life Jennifer Lopez (feat. LL Cool J) - All I Have Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body Robbie Williams - Feel Simply Red - Sunrise t.A.T.u - All The Things She Said
1. Hurt - Johnny Cash 2. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes 3. The Nosebleed Section - The Hilltop Hoods 4. Numb - Linkin Park 5. Mixed Up World - Sophie Ellis-Bextor 6. Danger! High Voltage!- The Electric Six 7. Love Your Way - Powderfinger 8. We Used To Be Friends - The Dandy Warhols 9. The People - The Music 10. Relapse - Little Birdy
1. Damaged (Antillas Radio Edit) - Plummet 2. Rhythm Bandits - Junior Senior 3. Boys Of Summer - DJ Sammy 4. Mobscene – Marilyn Manson 5. Give Me Your Love - Reef 6. Strength Of A Woman (Graham Stack Remix) - Shaggy 7. Be Faithful - Fatman Scoop 8. Outtathaway - The Vines 9. Slow - Kylie Minogue 10. I Like Love (I Love Love) - Solitaire
My Votes. FLIGHT FACILITIES - Clair De Lune NICKELBACK - Lullaby TRAIN - 50 Ways To Say Goodbye MAROON 5 - Payphone COLDPLAY - Paradise LANA DEL REY - Summertime Sadness CHRISTINA PERRI - A Thousand Years FUN. - We Are Young LANA DEL REY - Ride LINKIN PARK - Burn It Down
1. We are young - fun 2. Elephants - Tame Impala 3. Thrift Shop - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz 4. Summertime Sadness - Lana del Rey 5. Call me baby - Carly Rae Jepsen 6. Battle Scars - Guy Sebastian featuring Lupe Fiasco 7. Pyramids - Frank Ocean 8. Bad Girls - M.I.A. 9. Breezeblocks - Alt-J 10. Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men
1. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen 2. Dancing With a Broken Heart - Delta Goodrem 3. Hall of Fame - The Script feat. Will.i.am 4. Turn All the Lights On - T-Pain feat. Ne-Yo 5. Amnesia - Ian Carey & Rosette feat. Timbaland & Brasco 6. Live My Life - Far East Movement feat. Justin Bieber 7. Wish You Were Here - Delta Goodrem 8. Are You Ready - Marvin Priest 9. Troublemaker - Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida 10. Good Time - Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen
Clokx - Oddity Coldplay & Rihanna - Princess Of China David Guetta feat. Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On Foster The People - Call It What You Want Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay - In My Mind Katy Perry - Part Of Me Rihanna - Where Have You Been Rudimental feat. John Newman - Feel The Love Seapony - I Never Would Teen Daze - The Future
1. Come together - The Beatles 2. Honky Tonk Women - Rolling Stones 3. The Real Thing - Russell Morris 4. Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin 5. Space Oddity - David Bowie 6. Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley 7. Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival 8. Je t'aime moi non plus - Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin 9. I want you back - The Jackson 5 10. Many Rivers to Cross - Jimmy Cliff
1. I Can Hear Music - The Beach Boys 2. Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival 3. He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies 4. Down on the Corner - Creedence Clearwater Revival 5. Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival 6. Maxwell's Silver Hammer - The Good Ship Lollipop 7. Wonderful World, Beautiful People - Jimmy Cliff 8. Israelites - Desmond Dekker and The Aces 9. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - The Beatles 10. I Heard it Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
1. Reflections Of My Life - The Marmalade 2. Man Of The World - Fleetwood Mac 3. He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother- The Hollies 4. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye 5. Dear Prudence - Doug Parkinson In Focus 6. Smiley - Ronnie Burns 7. Race With The Devil - The Gun 8. Time Of The Season - The Zombies 9. Better By You, Better By Me - Spooky Tooth 10. Badge - Cream
Wow, what a great year. I had more culling to do than expected.
Bee Gees - First Of May Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto Peter Sarstedt - Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) Robin Gibb - Saved By The Bell Russell Morris - The Real Thing Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour The Beatles - Something The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sun Shine In The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
1 Russell Morris - The Real Thing 2. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary 3. The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's my brother 4. Marvin Gaye - I heard it through the Grapevine ( a great song but more a 1968 song IMO)
Even with preferences we are still tied, this time between Creedence Clearwater Revival and The Hollies. In that case I will break the tie myself by listening to the 2 tracks and see which is better. In the end I preferred Creedence Clearwater Revival so it wins.
The 1990s win the decade vote. Now vote for the year you want most. 1991, 1996 and 1997 are not eligible. Voting closes on the 14th.
My Votes. ELTON JOHN - Can You Feel The Love Tonight DENNIS LEARY - Asshole RICHARD MARX - Now And Forever BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - Streets Of Philadelphia THE CRANBERRIES - Dreams WET WET WET - Love Is All Around SOUNDGARDEN - Black Hole Sun LIVE - Selling The Drama NIRVANA - About A Girl (Unplugged) CRASH TEST DUMMIES - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
1. Zombie - The Cranberries 2. Live forever - Oasis 3. Sabotage - The Beastie Boys 4. MMM MMM MMM MMM - Crash Test Dummies 5. Girls and Boys - Blur 6. Closer - Nine Inch Nails 7. About a girl - Niirvana 8. Shoop - Salt n' Pepa 9. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley 10. Glory Box - Portishead
1. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley 2. Confide In Me - Kylie Minogue 3. Fade Into You - Mazzy Star 4. Closer - Nine Inch Nails 5. Sabotage - Beastie Boys 6. Stay - Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories 7. Better Man - Pearl Jam 8. Sweetness and Light - Itch-E and Scratch-E 9. Zombie - The Cranberries 10.The Dead Eyes Opened - Severed Heads
1. Warren G - Regulate 2. Smashing Pumpkins - Today 3. Mazzy Star - Fade Into You 4. Rollins Band - Liar 5. Dinosaur Jr. - Feel The Pain 6. James - Laid 7. Liz Phair - Supernova 8. Des'ree - You Gotta Be 9. Blind Melon - Tones Of Home 10. P.M. Dawn - You Got Me Floatin'
Bon Jovi - Always Boyz II Men - I'll Make Love To You Bruce Springsteen - Streets Of Philadelphia Corona - The Rhythm Of The Night Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm D-Ream - U R The Best Thing Jam & Spoon - Right In The Night (Fall In Love With Music) Mariah Carey - Without You Michael Bolton - Said I Loved You ... But I Lied Phil Collins - Both Sides Of The Story
1. Without You - Nilsson 2. Listen to the Music - The Doobie Brothers 3. A Horse With No Name - America 4. American Pie - Don McLean 5. Hold Your Head Up - Argent 6. Rocket Man - Elton John 7. Heart of Gold - Neil Young 8. Take it Easy - Eagles 9. Children of the Revolution - T. Rex 10. Everything I Own - Bread
1. American Pie - Don McLean 2. Most People I know think that I'm crazy - Billy Thorpe 3. Superstition - Stevie Wonder 4. Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed 5. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie 6. Heart of Gold - Neil Young 7. Smoke on the water - Deep Purple 8. Papa was a rolling stone - the Temptations 9. Virginia Plain - Roxy Music 10. Tumbling Dice - the Rolling Stones
1. Without You - Nilsson 2. Most People I Know Think That I'm Crazy - Billy Thorpe 3. Ginger Man - Brian Cadd 4. Silver Machine - Hawkwind 5. Changes - Black Sabbath 6. I Just Want To Make Love To You - Foghat 7. Hold Your Head Up - Argent 8. Help Me Make It Through The Night - Gladys Knight and The Pips 9. Old Man - Neil Young 10. All The Young Dudes - Mott The Hoople
My Votes. LINKIN PARK - Shadow Of The Day JAMES BLUNT - Same Mistake ESKIMO JOE - London Bombs ESKIMO JOE - New York DELTA GOODREM - Believe Again GOOD CHARLOTTE - Dancefloor Anthem THE KILLERS - Read My Mind DAUGHTRY - Home BOYS LIKE GIRLS - The Great Escape TIMBALAND ONE REPUBLIC - Apologize
1. Straight Lines - Silverchair 2. Knights of Cydonia - Muse 3. Umbrella - Rihanna 4. Paper Planes - MIA 5. Time to pretend - MGMT 6. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne 7. What goes around, comes around - Justin Timberlake 8. Better than - John Butler Trio 9. D.A,N.C.E. - Justice 10. Apologize - Timbaland featuring One Republic
1. Apologize - Timbaland pres. OneRepublic 2. Who Would Have Thought - Darren Hayes 3. Me Love - Sean Kingston 4. What Goes Around...Comes Around - Justin Timberlake 5. Umbrella - Rihanna feat. Jay-Z 6. Step Into the Light - Darren Hayes 7. Glamorous - Fergie feat. Ludacris 8. On the Verge of Something Wonderful - Darren Hayes 9. Believe Again - Delta Goodrem 10. Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
1. My People - The Presets 2. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol 3. No Cars Go - Arcade Fire 4. Snakeskin - Gyroscope 5. Feels Like Home - Meck Feat Dino. 6. Golden Skans - The Klaxons 7. The Pretender - Foo Fighters 8. Straight Lines - Silverchair 9. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups 10. Get What You Want - Operator Please Last edited:
1. Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison 2. I'm Into Something Good - Herman's Hermits 3. I Only Want to Be With You - Dusty Springfield 4. My Boy Lollipop - Millie 5. My Guy - Mary Wells 6. The Crying Game - Dave Berry 7. I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles 8. Anyone Who Had a Heart - Dionne Warwick 9. The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss) - Betty Everett 10. It Hurts to Be in Love - Gene Pitney
1. I saw her standing there - the Beatles 2. Oh Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison 3. My Guy - Mary Wells 4. You really got me - the Kinks 5. You've lost that loving feeling - the Righteous Brothers 6. House of the Rising Sun - the Animals 7. My Girl - The Temptations 8. Dancing in the Street - Martha and the Vandellas 9. Walk on By - Dionne Warwick 10. Gloria - Them
Thanks for the tie break, Keith 1. House Of The Rising Sun- The Animals 2. You Really Got Me - The Kinks 3. Oh Pretty Woman- Roy Orbison 4. She's Not There - The Zombies 5. Do Wah Diddy Diddy - Manfred Mann 6. You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore 7. Twist And Shout - The Beatles 8. Anyone Who Had A Heart - Dionne Warwick 9. Poison Ivy - Billy Thorpe and The Aztecs 10. The Crying Game - Dave Berry
Thanks to some last minute votes 2005 ends up winning thanks to preferences, or I could have voted 2006 but I'd rather let you guys choose.
Now vote for anywhere between 1 and 10 tracks from the year you like most. Voting closes on the 13th.
SHANNON NOLL - Shine THE KILLERS - All These Things That I've Done SIMPLE PLAN - Untitled THE VERONICAS - Everything I'm Not WESTLIFE - You Raise Me Up NICKELBACK - Photograph DANIEL POWTER - Bad Day STEREOPHONICS - Dakota THE KILLERS - Mr Brightside GORILLAZ - Feel Good Inc
1. So Beautiful - Darren Hayes 2. Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson 3. Beautiful Soul - Jesse McCartney 4. Owner of a Lonely Heart - Max Graham vs. Yes 5. Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders 6. We Belong Together - Mariah Carey 7. I Like the Way - BodyRockers 8. Incomplete - Backstreet Boys 9. Star to Fall - Cabin Crew 10. I Want You - Paris Avenue feat. Robin One
1. Wish you well - Bernard Fanning 2. I bet you look good on the dance floor - Arctic Monkeys 3. Feel good inc. - the Gorillaz 4. Ghetto Gospel - 2Pac 5. Gold Digger - Kanye West 6. Hung Up - Madonna 7. Daft Punk is playing at my house - LCD Soundsystem 8. Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders 9. Catch my disease - Ben Lee 10. Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Dannii Minogue vs. Flower Power - You Won't Forget About Me Gorillaz - Dare Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For? James Blunt - You're Beautiful Kanye West - Gold Digger Mylo vs. Miami Sound Machine - Doctor Pressure Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver Rob Thomas - This Is How A Heart Breaks Shannon Noll - Shine Last edited:
1. Banquet - Bloc Party 2. Hope There's Someone- Antony and The Johnsons 3. Dare - Gorillaz 4. Mind's Eye - Wolfmother 5. Blue Orchid - The White Stripes 6. For One Day - Evermore 7. Sunny Road - Emiliana Torrini 8. I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs 9. The Special Two - Missy Higgins 10. Flame Trees - Sara Blasko
1. Jennifer Lopez - Get Right 2. Mariah Carey - We Belong Together 3. Destiny's Child - Girl 4. Ciara (feat. Missy Elliott) - 1, 2 Step 5. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone 6. Destiny's Child (feat. T.I. and Lil Wayne) - Soldier 7. Rihanna - Pon De Replay 8. Kate DeAraugo - Maybe Tonight 9. Missy Higgins - The Special Two 10. Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U
Unlucky 11. Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
1. We Built This City - Starship 2. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and The Waves 3. Into the Groove - Madonna 4. Run to You - Bryan Adams 5. I Got You Babe - UB40 with Chrissie Hynde 6. Take on Me - A-ha 7. Heaven - Bryan Adams 8. Live it Up - Mental as Anything 9. Easy Lover - Philip Bailey with Phil Collins 10. Freeway of Love - Aretha Franklin
1. LIFE IN A NORTHERN TOWN The Dream Academy 2. TAKE ON ME a-Ha 3. YOU SPIN ME ROUND Dead Or Alive 4. OUT OF MIND OUT OF SIGHT The Models 5. SHOUT Tears For Fears 6. MAN OVERBOARD Do Re Mi 7. RUNNING UP THAT HILL Kate Bush 8. OBSESSION Animotion 9. CURRENT STAND Kids In The Kitchen 10. DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME Simple Minds
1. Into the Groove - Madonna 2. Running up that hill - Kate Bush 3. Out of mind out of sight - the Models 4. Shout - Tears for Fears 5. Boys of Summer - Don Henley 6. Would I lie to you - the Eurthymics 7. Take on me - A-ha 8. What you need - INXS 9. Raspberry Beret - Prince 10. Man Overboard - Do-Re-Mi
Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas? Bryan Adams - Heaven Dire Straits - Money For Nothing Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is Hooters - All You Zombies Madonna - Into The Groove Phil Collins - One More Night Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World USA For Africa - We Are The World
GREEN DAY - When I Come Around DIESEL - 15 Feet Of Snow TAKE THAT - Back For Good BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - Secret Garden SOUL ASYLUM - Misery LIVE - Lightning Crashes F.C.B - Excallubur MICHAEL JACKSON - You Are Not Alone' HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH - Let Her Cry HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH - Only Wanna Be With You
1. Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio 2. Wonderwall - Oasis 3. Common People - Pulp 4. It's Oh so Quiet - Bjork 5. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrisette 6. Evidence - Faith no more 7. California Love - 2Pac 8. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins 9. Where the wild roses grow - Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue 10. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead
1. Wonderwall - Oasis 2. Common People - Pulp 3. Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley 4. Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins 5. You Oughta Know - Alanis Morrisette 6. Lightning Crashes - Live 7. Morning Glory - Oasis 8. Carnival - Natalie Merchant 9. Miss Sarajevo - Passengers 10. A Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins Last edited:
1. Run Away - Real McCoy 2. Wonderwall - Oasis 3. Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio feat. L.V. 4. Evidence - Faith No More 5. Stayin' Alive - N-Trance feat. Ricardo Da Force 6. Kiss From a Rose - Seal 7. Shade - Silverchair 8. Another Night - Real McCoy 9. I Luv U Baby - The Original 10. Try Me Out - Corona
1. Long Train Runnin' - The Doobie Brothers 2. You're So Vain - Carly Simon 3. Crocodile Rock - Elton John 4. Mind Games - John Lennon 5. Drift Away - Dobie Gray 6. D'yer Mak'er - Led Zeppelin 7. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John 8. Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts 9. Superstition - Stevie Wonder 10. Dream Lover - Greyhound
1. Crocodile Rock - Elton John 2. Let's get it on - Marvin Gaye 3. Search and Destroy - Iggy Pop 4. You're so vain - Carly Simon 5. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd 6. Living for the City - Stevie Wonder 7. Killin' me softly with his song - Roberta Flack 8. Angie - The Rolling Stones 9. Get Up, Stand Up - Bob Marley 10. Money - Pink Floyd
Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California Carly Simon - You're So Vain Carpenters - Top Of The World Elton John - Crocodile Rock Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song Seal & Crofts - Summer Breeze Steely Dan - Do It Again The Doobie Brothers - Listen To The Music The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin The Rolling Stones - Angie
I'm going to be super busy tomorrow so the voting has closed 1 day earlier than usual. 2010 wins easily. Now vote for anywhere between 1 and 10 tracks from the year you like most. Actually, I think Saturday should be the new deadline date from now on, it may flip back to Sunday in the future (Just in case I forget ) but for now it's Saturdays, so the voting closes on the 4th of November.
BRANDON FLOWERS - Crossfire NELLY - Just A Dream PARAMORE - The Only Exception 30 SECONDS TO MARS - Closer To The Edge TRAIN - Hey Soul Sister KISSCHASY - Dinosaur BIRDS OF TOKYO - Plans VANESSA AMOROSI - Hazardous TRAIN - If It's Love
1. Break Your Heart - Taio Cruz 2. California Gurls - Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg 3. 3 Words - Cheryl Cole feat. Will.i.am 4. Until You Were Gone - Chipmunk feat. Esmee Denters 5. Higher - Taio Cruz feat. Kylie Minogue 6. Alejandro - Lady Gaga 7. Rude Boy - Rihanna 8. Nothin' on You - B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars 9. Dynamite - Taio Cruz 10. Who's That Chick? - David Guetta feat. Rihanna
1. F*ck you - Cee Lo Green 2. Love the way you lie - Eminem featuring Rihanna 3. Big Jet Plane - Angus and Julia Stone 4. Hey Soul Sister - Train 5. Plans - Birds of Tokyo 6. Bloodbuzz Ohio - The National 7. Arcade Fire - Sprawl II 8. Fireflies - Owl City 9. Telephone - Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce 10.Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People
B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You Black Eyed Peas - Rock That Body Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg - California Gurls Lady GaGa - Dance In The Dark Michael Paynter - Love The Fall Rihanna - Rude Boy The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition Usher feat. will.i.am - OMG
1. Working for the man - Roy Orbison 2. Love me do - the Beatles 3. Green onions - Booker T and the MGs 4. I can't stop loving you - Ray Charles 5. You've really got a hold of me - The Miracles 6, I've been everywhere - Lucky Starr 7. Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker 8. Miserlou - Dick Dale 9. The Wanderer - Dion 10. Moon River - Andy Williams
Note: You've really got a hold on me is the same song. I've credited it to The Miracles and Benji has credited it to Smoky Robinson. It probably should be Smoky Robinson and the Miracles. It is one of three songs currently tied on two votes.