1. No I think Shape of You, Castle on the Hill and Galway Girl will make the top 10 but not Perfect 2. Galway Girl 3. Symphony 4. I Feel It Coming 5. Pretty Girl 6. 8 7. Chameleon 8. Yes 9. Yes 10. No, I feel like it'll be around #9-#12 11. Ed Sheeran 12. Can't Stop the Feeling 13. Thunder 14. 10 14a. Rockabye 15. Malibu 16. No 17. Rockstar 18. Yes 18a. Strip That Down 19. Feels 20. Yes Last edited:
1. No 2. Perfect 3. Symphony 4. I Feel It Coming 5. Pretty Girl 6. 7 7. Chameleon 8. make it 9. she will 10. he will 11. [s]Quavo[/s] Khalid (taking a risk here) 12. Can't Stop The Feeling 13. Thunder 14. 5 14a. Rockabye 15. Paris 16. nah 17. Rockstar 18. I think Louis will just miss out so no 18a. Strip That Down 19. Feels 20. Yes
it was just pointed out to me that I missed 14a, thanks 392 Last edited:
1. No 2. Galway Girl 3. Rockabye 4. Starboy 5. Pretty Girl 6. 8 7. Chameleon (though maybe Waves will get a boost back if he performs it at the ARIAs or something) 8. It will make it 9. Yes 10. Yes 11. a tie between Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber (if I can only pick one, Ed Sheeran) 12. CAN'T STOP THE FEELING! 13. Thunder 14. 9 14a. Rockabye 15. Paris 16. No 17. rockstar 18. Yes 18a. Strip That Down 19. Feels 20. Yes
1. No, only the first three 2. Galway Girl 3. Symphony just 4. again close, probably Starboy just ahead 5. Pretty Girl 6. 10 7. this one is really difficult but I'll go Chameleon because that's what I hope will win 8. Fallin' will make it 9. she will beat it 10. Gonna guess that he'll be just in or just outside the top 10. So no beating his best of #9 11. Alessia Cara , Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber - 4 entries each 12. don't see Never Be Like You making an appearance but Can't Stop The Feeling definitely will, unfortunately 13. feel the lightning and the thunder thunder 14. 8 feels low but I can only be certain of 8 making it honestly 14a. Rockabye 15. Paris has had slightly better longevity so I'm going with that 16. Havana maybe doesn't have enough time left to end up as high as #15 this year. I'll go no 17. rockstar no competition 18. Yes 18a. Strip That Down, as much as I'd love it to be Slow Hands 19. Feels 20. Yes Last edited:
1. No 2. Galway Girl 3. Symphony 4. I Feel It Coming 5. Pretty Girl 6. 12 7. Waves 8. It will make it 9. Yes 10. He'll equal it, so no. 11. Ed with 5 12. CSTF 13. Thunder 14. 10 14a. Rockabye 15. Paris 16. Yes 17. Rockstar 18. Yes 18a. Strip That Down 19. Feels 20. Yes
Yeah, I'm actually starting to agree with you I.E, considering its spent 36 weeks in the top 100 I won't be surprised if people underestimate it. I did a bit of research and I'm pretty sure 2 or 3 would definitely be the record as well
The EOY albums will be super hard to predict this year because...
1. A massive lack of big albums. Compared to the last 5 or 6 years, 2017 has barely had any albums that will go down as massive albums. 2016 had the same problem but there were way more big albums than this year
2. A massive lack of certifications. I know certifications don't always mean everything but it would be a lot easier if there were certifications so it could give people a rough idea of where everything will place
2016 didn't particularly have any big albums either. You just need to look at the Year End Top 10: 2 Christmas albums, one of them having been released in 2011, an album of covers and 2 other 2015 LPs, with 25 even topping the chart. It really was à dead year. At least in 2017 we've had new LPs by Ed Sheeran, P!nk, Taylor Swift and Sam Smith.
The changes of consumer habits who now prefer streaming and who are buying / downloading less and less albums as well as the poor inclusion of streaming in the albums chart explain why albums chart sales are still miserable and why less and less albums are certified.
I'd Say that there are some big eras but due to the changes of consumer habits, it is no longer well reflected into the albums chart.