The last chart of 2010 sees the only Australian performed No.1 for 2010, as Guy Sebastian’s “Who’s That Girl” takes over the top spot after three weeks of waiting to move up to the top spot. But it’s not the only feat that this new No.1 achieves; it also gives Eve her first ever No.1 appearance, and Guy his fifth overall No.1, which break a new chart record that has stood for just over a year. With Guy scoring his fifth chart-topper, he becomes the ONLY Australian Male Solo performer to have hit the top spot five times, moving from the three way tie he achieved last year with Johnny O’Keefe and John Farnham, who are now tied at No.2 with four No.1’s apiece. The list of overall Australian acts is listed below…
No.1 – Artists 10 – Kylie Minogue 8 – Delta Goodrem 5 – Guy Sebastian 5 – Olivia Newton-John 4 – Johnny O’Keefe 4 – John Farnham 3 – The Easybeats 3 – Silverchair 3 – The Seekers 3 – Shannon Noll
“Who’s That Girl” is now the 974th No.1 single in Australia (1940 to 2010) and the 17th No.1 for 2010, plus it’s the 13th No.1 for Sony Australia, having last scored with Guy’s last No.1 single “I Like it Like That” (Sept 2009). It’s the sixth ‘Who’ song to reach No.1, with Ke$ha’s “We R Who We R” being the last a month ago, the 15th ‘That’ at the top (his last No.1 was the last ‘That’, and it’s the 19th ‘Girl’ to reach No.1, with Rihanna’s “Only Girl (in the World)” to last land there.
So after two weeks at the top, Bruno Mars drops down to No.2 with “Grenade”, whilst former No.1 “The Time (Dirty Bit)” for The Black Eyed Peas holds at No.3. Chris Brown’s “Yeah 3x” moves to a new peak of No.4, swapping places with Katy Perry’s “Firework”, moving down to No.5 this week. Ke$ha’s “We R Who We R” holds at No.6, followed by two new peaking tracks, Jessica Mauboy’s “Saturday Night” moves up three places to No.7, and breaking into the Top 10 is another questionable-female track, David Guetta and Rihanna’s “Who’s That Chick”, which is up four places to No.8 this week, just as Rihanna’s “Only Girl (in the World)” drops out of the Top 10 to No.11 this week. Far East Movement’s “Like a G6” and P!nk’s “Raise Your Glass” are both down two places to No.9 and No.10 respectively.
NEW PEAKS & MOVERS: Four weeks in the charts and four jumps for Wynter Gordon’s “Dirty Talk”, which this week leaps fourteen places to No.18. Last weeks highest new entry “Happiness” for Alexis Jordan is up one place to No.24, and up ten places to a new peak of No.25 is the new track for Flo Rida, “Turn Around (5,4,3,2,1)”. Afrojack and Eva Simons move up four places to No.30 as they try to “Take over Control”, and the other current hot dance track, Martin Solveig’s “Hello” is up three places to No.33. My Chemical Romance “Sing” up four places to No.43, and re-entering the Top 50 and climbing twelve places to No.39 is Taio Cruz and Kylie Minogue with “Higher”, just three places lower than its previous peak, and also climbing into the fifty is Neon Trees and their debut single “Animal”, up nine places to No.48.
The highest new entry of the week comes from dance troupe, singers and Australia’s Got Talent winners for 2010, Justice Crew, who debut at No.31 with their second single “Friday to Sunday”. Their debut single “And Then We Dance” peaked at No.26 in mid-October.
There are only two new peaks in the lower 50, with The Script’s new single “Nothing” moving up a place to No.52, and Justin Bieber’s “Pray (Acoustic Version)” up eight places to a new peak of No.83
There are five new entries in the lower end of the chart this week, first up is Birds of Tokyo with their new single “Wild at Heart”, entering at No.82 this week. Kylie Minogue debuts with two limited edition seasonal downloads, firstly at No.85 with her rendition of “Santa Baby” (originally performed by Eartha Kitt in 1953), plus she also enters at No.89 with her version of “Let it Snow” (originally recorded by Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra in 1947), and most recently done by Michael Buble, whose version re-enters a couple of places higher at No.87 this week.
Kings of Leon are touring here in March 2011, and tickets for those shows went on sale in early December, but this week they jump back up seventeen places with “Radioactive” (83 to 66), plus they debut at No.90 with the second single from “Come around Sundown” (TW-14) entitled “Pyro”. And debuting at No.92 is Daft Punk with “Derezzed” taken from the ‘Tron: Legacy’ Soundtrack which is up to a new peak of No.29 this week helped by the movie opening around the country last week.
P!nk is THE stocking filler this Christmas in Australia, as her “Greatest Hits… So Far” spends its sixth consecutive week at the top of the ARIA Album Charts, plus it takes P!nk’s tally of weeks spent at No.1 to seventeen accumulated weeks, putting her at equal No.28 on the list of acts with ‘Most Accumulated Weeks at No.1’, alongside John Lennon and The Seekers.
This time last year Susan Boyle was in P!nk’s place (No.1 dominator), but she settles into a fourth non-consecutive week at No.2 by moving up one place with her second album “The Gift”, swapping places with Bon Jovi’s, who’s “Greatest Hits” drops down to No.3. Altiyan Childs’ self-titled debut album and the Glee Volume 4 album both holds still this week at No.4 and No.5 respectively.
Guy Sebastian scores the only new peak inside the Top 10 this week, as his new No.1 single helps his greatest hits collection “Twenty Ten” moves up a place to No.6, swapping places with his X-Factor judge Ronan Keating’s “Duet”, which drops to No.7. Katy Perry re-enters the Top 10 at No.8 with her “Teenage Dream” album, pushing The Black Eyed Peas’ “The Beginning” down one place to No.9, and also re-entering the Top 10 at No.10 is James Blunt’s “Some Kind of Trouble”.
NEW PEAKS & MOVERS: Bruno Mars jumps up seven places to No.13 with his former No.7 album “Doo-Wops and Hooligans”. Josh Groban’s “Illuminations” album is the biggest leaping album of the week, up twenty-five places to No.21, helped no doubt by people buying for their mum’s for Christmas (I know I brought one). And with the Tron: Legacy” film opening in the past week, it has helped the soundtrack by Daft Punk to climb back up four places to a new peak of No.29.
The only new entry to the Top 100 this week is the compilation/soundtrack from the Glee TV series entitled “Glee: The Music – The Complete Season One”, which enters at No.65. Also lower down we see Annie Lennox’s seasonal album “A Christmas Cornucopia” move up eight places to No.76, and with his recent tour here, Jay-Z’s “The Hits Collection Vol.1” moves up ten places to a new peak of No.89.
Regards and Seasons Greetings Gavin Ryan.
Produced with the co-operation of ARIA. For further information please contact ARIA Chart Publicist Nicole Hart.
Any further chart related questions can also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or check the website www.australian-charts.com for further updates throughout the week. Gavin Ryan can also be heard on 3AW http://www.3aw.com.au/ between 5pm and 6pm on Saturdays. (c) 2010 If any part of this information is used or published, please acknowledge my work as a contributor to your publication, show or company.
Legend: DL = Download. VS = Video Single. RT = RingTone. Phys = Physical CD Single. C/D = CD and DVD combo. BR = Blu-Ray. TW = This Week. LW = Last Week.
HP = Highest Position. WI = Weeks in. W2Pk = Weeks to Peak Position. A = Album. L = Live. C = Compilation. E = EP / Extended Play. R = Remixes. Tally refers to the overall week the album has accumulated. 82a = refers to the (a) accumulated weeks on the charts.
WHO'S THAT GIRL Guy Sebastian Feat. Eve ▲
GRENADE Bruno Mars ●
THE TIME (DIRTY BIT) The Black Eyed Peas ▲
YEAH 3X Chris Brown ●
FIREWORK Katy Perry ▲
WE R WHO WE R Ke$ha ▲
SATURDAY NIGHT Jessica Mauboy Feat. Ludacris ●
WHO'S THAT CHICK David Guetta Feat. Rihanna
LIKE A G6 Far East Movement Feat. Cataracs & Dev ▲
RAISE YOUR GLASS P!nk ▲ 2
ONLY GIRL (IN THE WORLD) Rihanna ▲ 3
JUST A DREAM Nelly ▲ 2
JUST THE WAY YOU ARE Bruno Mars ▲ 3
HEY BABY (DROP IT TO THE FLOOR) Pitbull Feat. T-Pain ●
Best song... 1. That rhymes crystal with style 2. That uses the word slizzard 3. That compares things to non existant things 4. That one-ups Jesse McCartney 5. That is that work of satan 6. That features the Mooninites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force ...in the top 50 this year imo
1. Bruno Mars - Grenade 2. Guy Sebastian feat. Eve - Who's That Girl 3. Chris Brown - Yeah 3X 4. Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) 5. Katy Perry - Firework 6. Ke$ha - We R Who We R 7. Far East Movement feat. Cataracs & Dev - Like a G6 8. David Guetta feat. Rihanna - Who's That Chick? 9. Jessica Mauboy feat. Ludacris - Saturday Night 10. P!nk - Raise Your Glass 11. Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) 12. Rihanna - Only Girl (In the World) 13. Bruno Mars - Just the Way You Are 14. Nelly - Just a Dream 15. Willow - Whip My Hair 16. Taio Cruz - Dynamite 17. Cee Lo Green - F**k You! 18. Wynter Gordon - Dirty Talk 19. Enrique Iglesias feat. Nicole Scherzinger - Heartbeat 20. Good Charlotte - Sex on the Radio
1. Guy Sebastian feat. Eve- Who's That Girl 2. Bruno Mars- Grenade 3. Chris Brown- Yeah 3X 4. Katy Perry- Firework 5. Black Eyed Peas- The Time (Dirty Bit) 6. Jessica Mauboy feat. Ludacris- Saturday Night 7. Ke$ha- We R Who We R 8. David Guetta feat. Rihanna- Whos That Chick 9. Far East Movement feat. Cataracs & Dev- Like A G6 10. P!nk- Raise Your Glass 11. Rihanna- Only Girl (In The World) 12. Pitbull feat. T Pain- Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) 13. Nelly- Just A Dream 14. Bruno Mars- Just The Way You Are 15. Willow Smith- Whip My Hair 16. Wynter Gordon- Dirty Talk 17. Alexis Jordan- Happiness 18. Cee Lo Green- F**k You 19. Rihanna feat. Drake- Whats My Name 20. Enrique Iglesias feat. Nicole Scherzinger- Heartbeat
1.Bruno Mars - Grenade 2.Guy Sebastian - Whos That Girl 3.Katy Perry - Firework 4.Chris Brown - Yeah 3x 5.Jessica Mauboy - Saturday Night 6.Black Eyed Peas - The Time 7.David Guetta - Whos That Chick 8.Ke$ha - We R Who We R 9.P!nk - Raise Your Glass 10.Far East Movmenet - Like a G6 11.Pitbull - Hey Baby 12.Rihanna - only Girl 13.Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are 14.Wynter Gordon - Dirty Talk 15.Willow Smith - Whip My Hair 16.Taio Cruz - Dynamite 17.Nelly - Just A Dream 18.James Blunt - Stay The Night 19.Mike Posner - Cooler Then Me 20.P!nk - F**kin Perfect Last edited:
1. Bruno Mars - Grenade 2. Guy Sebastian Feat. Eve - Who's That Girl 3. Katy Perry - Firework 4. The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) 5. Chris Brown - Yeah x3 6. Ke$ha - We R Who We R 7. Jessica Mauboy Feat. Ludacris - Saturday Night 8. Far East Movement Feat. The Cataracs & Dev - Like A G6 9. David Guetta Feat. Rihanna - Who's That Chick 10. P!nk - Raise Your Glass
11. Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) 12. Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are 13. Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) 14. Taio Cruz - Dynamite 15. Willow - Whip My Hair 16. Cee Lo Green - F U 17. Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me 18. Wynter Gordon - Dirty Talk 19. Good Charlotte - Sex On The Radio 20. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
The song titles of late have been rubbish to work with of late, but I progress nonetheless.
1. Guy Sebastian (feat Eve) - Please Identify that Bootylicious Female For Me 2. Bruno Mars - Handheld Explosive Device 3. Black Eyed Peas - The Data Output of the Clock or Calendar Depending on How Specific is Needed (The Part That Wynter is Talking About) 4. Chris Brown - A Song That Was Already Being Ridiculously Overplayed On US Radio, With it's Airplay Multiplied By Three Such That They Have to Overlap the Song With Itself Whilst Still Playing Just so They Can Play it Enough 5. Katy Perry - Something That Has Its Time To Shine and Make its Mark, For About Five Seconds 6. Ke$ha - I Assure You Fine Respectible Individual, While My Diction May Not Be Optimum For My Present Occupation, it is Merely a Result of My Condition Being Equivalent to My Condition 7. David Guetta (feat Rihanna) - Please Identify that Bootylicious Chicken For Me 8. Far East Movement (feat Cataracs & Dev) - When We Are Consuming Our Beverages in the Correct Manner Similar to a Hailstorm, it is Similar to a Aeroplane Variety That Does Not Exist. This Makes Us Better Than Drake 9. Jessica Mauboy (feat Ludacris) - The Time of Day on the Last Day of the Week Wherein the Destination You Are Approaching Requires You to Go at A Speed Wherein the Relativity to the Speed Limit is Undetermined 10. P!nk - I See You Have Made Quite an Effort to Chemically Combine That Pile of Sand So Please Lift it Up So it Can Be Seen 11. Rihanna - The Solitary Female Who Through Lack of Intelligence, Stumbled (Inside the Earth's Core) 12. Bruno Mars - Your Appearance Has Something To Do With A Radiohead Song and a Fastball Song, Do You Have The Bends, Perhaps That's All The Pain Money Can Buy 13. Pitbull (feat T-Pain) - I'm Totally Sick Of Writing Stuff About You Baby, Just Drop The $&@*ing Thing to the $&@*ing Floor And Be Done! 14. Taio Cruz - An Explosive Device Which is Inferior to a Grenade as it Has Less Mobility and You'd Probably Get Pummled Or Knifed, Depending On Whether You're Playing Halo or Call of Duty, It's Not Really Specified in the Song 15. Wynter Gordon - Having a Possibly Intellectual Conversation With Your Associate or Subordinate About Various Actions In Sexual Intercourse 16. Enrique Iglesias (feat Nicole Scherzinger) - The Rate In Which A Vital Organ Of Yours Does Its Thang Which Is Probably 4/4 Like Say EVERY SONG IN THE CHART 17. Willow - A Somewhat Ironic Ode To Female Oppression in the 20th Century As Noted By the Fact That the Longer Hair Which Was Used as a Figurative Shackle Was Being Used Back as a Whip, Like a Slave Driver to a Slave, All Of Which Is Channeled Within the Chorus of This Song, 67 TIMES!!! 18. James Blunt - The Love Song About Hearing Mr. Monahan On The Radio/Stereo and Using it To Woo Your Soul Sister Enough to Make Her Remain Inert in Her Current Location 19. Cee Lo Green - I May Be Six Years Late To The Party, But F**k You, You %*#%* I Don't Want You Back 20. Mike Posner - <-- That's You, But I'm All Like
I sorta went off on a tangent there, oh well.
1. Wh!te - Album 2. Susan Mole - Album 3. Iver Jovi - Album 4. Altiyan Adults - Album 5. Glee Bandage - Album 6. Katy Cuomo - Album 7. Guy Belle - Album 8. Black Nosed Peas - Album 9. Ronan Hawke - Album 10. James Sharp - Album
1. Guy Sebastian Feat. Eve - Who's That Girl 2. Bruno Mars - Grenade 3. Katy Perry - Firework 4. The Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) 5. Chris Brown - Yeah x3 6. Jessica Mauboy Feat. Ludacris - Saturday Night 7. Ke$ha - We R Who We R 8. David Guetta Feat. Rihanna - Who's That Chick 9. Far East Movement Feat. The Cataracs & Dev - Like A G6 10. P!nk - Raise Your Glass
11. Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World) 12. Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are 13. Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) 14. Taio Cruz - Dynamite 15. Willow - Whip My Hair 16. Wynter Gordon - Dirty Talk 17. Cee Lo Green - F U 18. Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me 19. Enrique Iglesias feat. Nicole Scherzinger- Heartbeat 20. Good Charlotte - Sex On The Radio
1. Who's That Girl 2. Grenade 3. The Time 4. Yeah Yeah Yeah 5. Firework 6. We Are Who We Are 7. Saturday Night 8. Who's That Chick 9. Like A G6 10. Raise Your Glass 11. Only Girl 12. Just The Way You Are 13. Hey Baby 14. Just A Dream 15. Dynamite 16. Dirty Talk 17. Whip My Hair 18. F**k You 19. Stay The Night 20. Heartbeat
1. Pink 2. Susan Boyle 3. Bon Jovi 4. Guy Sebastian 5. Altiyan Childs 6. Glee 7. Ronan Keating 8. Black Eyed Peas 9. Katy Perry 10. James Blunt
1. Grenade 2. Who's That Girl 3. The Time 4. Firework 5. Yeah Yeah Yeah 6. Saturday Night 7. We R Who We R 8. Who's That Chick 9. Raise Your Glass 10. Like A G6 11. Only Girl 12. Hey Baby 13. Just The Way You Are 14. Dynamite 15. F**k You 16. Whip My Hair 17. Dirty Talk 18. Stay The Night 19. Heartbeat 20. Cooler Than Me
1. Pink 2. Bon Jovi 3. Susan Boyle 4. Altiyan Childs 5. Guy Sebastian 6. Glee 7. Katy Perry 8. Ronan Keating 9. Bruno Mars 10. Black Eyed Peas
1. Who's That Girl 2. Grenade 3. The Time 4. Yeah 3X 5. Firework 6. We R Who We R 7. Who's That Chick 8. Saturday Night 9. Like A G6 10. Raise Your Glass 11. Only Girl 12. Just The Way You Are 13. Hey Baby 14. Dynamite 15. Dirty Talk 16. Whip My Hair 17. Just A Dream 18. F**k You 19. Stay The Night 20. Heartbeat.
1. Grendade 2. Who's That Girl 3. Firework 4. The Time 5. Yeah 3x 6. We R Who We R 7. Saturday Night 8. Who's That Chick 9. Raise Your Glass 10. Like A G6 11. Only Girl (In The World) 12. Just The Way You Are 13. Just A Dream 14. Hey Baby 15. Dirty Tallk 16. F U 17. Heartbeat 18. Stay The Night 19. F**kin' Perfect 20. What's My Name
1. Pink's GH 2. Bon Jovi's GH 3. Altiyan 4. The Gift 5. Guy Sebastian's GH 6. Glee Volume 4 7. Katy Perry 8. Black Eyed Peas 9. James Blunt 10. Ronan Keating